Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Spoiler Light

Hi Guys, :help:

First off, should a car with a factory-fitted Aerokit 11 still have the retractable rear spoiler ? Should it not have the extended rear hood, and no spoiler mechanism?

The rear spoiler indicator light had been coming at the set deployment speed, and staying on until the next switch-off, although the spoiler itself was not activating.

I recently contacted Loren by PM and received some good info from him about getting rid of the indicator light for the rear spoiler when the Aero kit is fitted. It suggested two ways for earlier and later cars by a combination of removing and swapping pins and connectors in the harness under the spoiler.

When I began to do the modification I reconnected the harness connectors under the spoiler, to give it a run ( as one does) by activating the switch in the footwell. The spoiler wouldn’t extend when I pressed the switch up, but when I pressed down it made a ratcheting sound, probably quite naturally since the spoiler had not extended. I then drove the car, no light came on at the usual deployment speed, but on slowing down to the speed at which it should retract, the ratcheting sound could be heard .

I removed both brown relays from the nearby control board in the trunk, and I have no ratcheting sounds from the spoiler , and no light on the dash, so all appears well, but I can’t help wondering (a) why the spoiler didn’t extend, and (B) why I didn’t have to do the wire shifting in the harness connector to achieve ‘no light’?

Donie

• Moderators

Not sure what the question is. But. With AeroKit 1 the moveable spoiler was removed and the hole covered with a plastic plate. The metal rear trunk lid was removed and replaced with a longer plastic lid.

With AeroKit 2 that came out about 2 years ago the spoiler stayed in place but was disabled. The original metal trunk lid remains in place, but you get a blanking plate for the third tail light as it is now on the bolted on wing. The moveable spoiler shoud not work with AeroKit 2