Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

i ordered the front plate mount

I ordered the front plate mount because it is req by law for me to put a front plate on the car

the kit comes with 6 screws ( 2 short and 4 long ones) i dont think they gave me the right screws because none of them will hold the plates to the mount because the upper holes on the mount is bigger than the bottom holes.

can anyone tell me what screws they have on their front plate mounts?

Thanks

post-32919-1218480229_thumb.jpg

I ordered the front plate mount because it is req by law for me to put a front plate on the car

the kit comes with 6 screws ( 2 short and 4 long ones) i dont think they gave me the right screws because none of them will hold the plates to the mount because the upper holes on the mount is bigger than the bottom holes.

can anyone tell me what screws they have on their front plate mounts?

Thanks

I just recently ordered one of these too, but haven't installed as of yet. Mine came with 2 spacers that go between the plate and bumber. There were 2 black screws about an iche and a half long. I also received the 4 screw you picture plus the little plastic clips the screws screw into. I think this set up is for all new Porsches. I may be wrong. I will definately need the spacers, long screws and the screws to attache the license to the Porsche plate. I'll see about posting a picture of every thing tonight.

Dan

Edited by TKE878

Here is what I got from Performance Products.

Porsche Plate

2 spacers

2 Long black screws (30mm)

4 Short Screw (attach license plate to Porsche plate)

4 Plastic things that screws can screw into ? Smaller

2 Plastic things that screws can screw into ? Larger

I don't think all of these are necessrily used.

Hope it helps

post-33718-1218501128_thumb.jpg

There are no holes in the 987. Mine came with the front plate, and yes.... the DEALER ran screws through the bumper. I took it off as I have not received my plates yet and there are 4 massive ugly holes in the bumper. If I were you, I would use a high quality foam adhesive to attach the plate mount. Even if the adhesive bakes onto the paint it is easier to remove than screw holes. Someone also suggested printing a vinyl copy of the plate and sticking that on, I may be crazy enough to try it. In CA you can at least get away with the no front plate or take a fix-it ticket vs a massive speeding ticket. Here in WA I've heard they are not so nice about it.

-Greg

A bit out of topic...

Just FYI, I live in NJ and was pulled over last Sunday by a State trooper and got a ticket for not having the front license plate...That was the only reason he pulled me over and my car is not even red :D !!!

Nothing else wrong - was in the speed limit and the road was very busy. It makes you wonder where the priorities are for these guys.

All the best,

Gus