Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

cs 2005 going for possible coil change under warranty

i have the following list and additions will be helpful and greatly apprecited

1::slight hesistation while starting to drive

2::ticking noise when steering turned all the way to the left

3:::rear tailgate and glass drop down sometimes----

4:::wipers shuddering

5: clunk under floor when accelearting then braking

6:::coolant dripping under engine

7:::now and again the pcm does not turn on----or no cd catridge detected----

what else should i have looked at as a precaution____any air con issues or suspension issues -------and any tranny issues-----------

All of these are know warranty issues, all need to be fixed. Are you under warranty ? if so push hard

DME reflash

New steering column

New tailgate Stuts

re angle wiper arms

coolant pipes (maybe engine out)

replace PCM

many $$

what else should i have looked at as a precaution____any air con issues or suspension issues -------and any tranny issues-----------

Edited by mudman2

There is a good chance its already been replaced, and the symptoms are fairly obvious. Low frequency vibration about 40 mph and up. If you want to listen for it, say the word " wummeerring 3 times and thats the harmonic. Without the sympton they will not change it out as it was not a universal problem.

Also ask them to perform all outstanding workshop actions and TSB's by VIN

Good luck

yes, still under warranty for 5000 miles---hence looking for help to sort it out as much as poss----what about cardan shaft----

Just wondered what number 5. is????

I think its part of the DME program, a timing issue on the transmission valve body

I think its part of the DME program, a timing issue on the transmission valve body

Number 5 is most probably the lower control arm bushes, they loose fluid and collapse.

The PCM problem is probably a communication error from MOST ring from a fault in the cd changer or the PCM needs a software upgrade.(press main and trip on the pcm at the same time and you will get the software versions). Hesitation most probably stale fuel or cracked ignition coils. Tailgate is the glass hydraulic struts. Wiper blades are probably contaminated or worn. HAs the steering ticking noise been there from new? or only just started, most probably combined with the clunk on accelerating or braking. Coolat on the floor.. coolant tubes under the inlet manifold cracked.. they will do it under warranty or goodwill, either way. There is an improved part... engine does not have to come out.

Have them check the collar of the air suspension bellows (alloy part) for signs of cracking (if you have air suspension). No tranny issues unless you have something un ususal. Dont expect the car back for 2 to 3 days.. let them doe thir job... dont push them or it ends up in tears...

• Moderators

# 5 is probably a cracked rubber bellows in the bearing system on the main drive shaft to the chassis connection, the shaft bearing will hit the chassis by the power exchange ( from accel. to deccel. and vice versa )

• 9 months later...

I also have a 2004 CTT that I purchased under the CPO program last year. I was going to my dealer that I purchased the car (Danbury Porsche) for a 10K mile maintenance ($450-500) who told me that they cannot reflash the DME as it will void the car's warrantee? does this make sense?

Also when I told him that the rear lid will not stay in the up condition when it is cold outside, he said that this is not covered under the CPO program. Does anyone know if this is the case? I was under the impression that tere was a Quality Improvement Workshop Campaign to do this (W523)

Not sure if I am getting the run around or not, but would like to get some insight from others personal experiences.

Regards - Steve