Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

hey all,

we know that the stock 3.4L aero dynamic get a Vmax of 275km/h and what about GT3 mk1 aerokit, loss of Vmax?

cause last Sunday, I tried out Vmax on my 3.4L with stock air paper filter, GT3 front bumper and a set of TurboII rims with 285/30 at the back, and my digi tacho came up to 278km/h,

which is of course not the true speed, I know my tacho has about 5km/h faults.

so I'm interested to hear your expereince with your aero dynamic tuning?

cheers,

Tony

hey Wolfgang,

aerokit will unfortunately lower your top speed due to the larger areas on the bumper, with that the air restistance are much higher and a better downforce.

the more downforce you get, the less top speed, that's the physic of nature!

a very good example are between C4 and C4S, C4 max 285km/h and C4S 280km/h, according to Porsche official tech info, due to the Turbo aerodynamic but with same engine.

cheers,

Tony

Edited by alter_schwede

Hi Toni,

agreed, the C4S is definitly slower than a C4. The drag coefficient is about the same, but with the Turbo body you have a bigger surface area. That's one reason why Ruf merges hot engines with slim Carrera bodies.

But I think our discussion is quite irrelevant for most parts of the world anyway B) as only here in Germany you can (legally) try top speed on an empty Autobahn.

:drive:

cu one sunday morning on the A81?

Wolfgang