Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

most problems fixed

Hello everyone,

I got a 2001 boxster about a month ago and I've been having problems with it, I fixed most so I thought I'd share the solutions in case someone had the same problems.

1) Spoiler suddenly stopped working: I checked that the motor was receiving signals so I replaced the motor and now it works.

2) Radio not working: I removed it using the becker keys and replaced the fuse in it.

3) Lighter not working: replaced its fuse.

4) I was hearing some weird noise so I thought I'd check the engine mount; turned out to be broken so I replaced it.

5) I also had to replace my remote control because it wouldn't work.

Now the radio works but I am having a lot of problems with it:

It is VERY slow: I have to wait ~ 5 seconds after I press a key, sometimes it just stops responding for while, the CD changer worked at first - I could eject the box to load some CDs - but it did not read one of the 3 I inserted, so I tried ejecting it again and it wouldn't work, and it stopped reading the CDs (it just displays "loading" forever) it doesn't even make any noise when I hit the eject key but on the other hand it does make noise when the car (and radio) start.

Also one of the rear compartments (the one behind the driver's seat) is jammed, does anyone have any removal instructions for it?

Thanks everyone!

The rear compartment on mine just slides open, to get a better look you could take out the complete unit, two large black turn screws. I think there is no base to it, it rests on the carpet so you might be able to see what is preventing it from opening, dried coca cola and old boiled sweets glued parts of my BM together....kids eh.

timbo, thanks a lot... I really appreciate your help. I will check it out in the morning.

That's what I thought about the headunit...

Any recommendations? I want the best audio quality there is without having to replace the amp or any speakers. Would these alpine touch screen fit?

thanks again...

Pionner Avic3? if u do prefer navi,,, yes either Alpine 1din or 2 din will fit fine, 2din might require u some console mod.

Personally I'm too busy to drive her hard,shifting, watching my RPM all the way to 6grand,,,LOL

my choice was flip down(motorized) touch screen DVD,DIVX player.

Good luck

As timbo said,,,

comes off in a few minute.

post-23680-1229123788_thumb.jpg

The rear compartment on mine just slides open, to get a better look you could take out the complete unit, two large black turn screws. I think there is no base to it, it rests on the carpet so you might be able to see what is preventing it from opening, dried coca cola and old boiled sweets glued parts of my BM together....kids eh.

• 3 years later...