Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Suspension upgrades

'02 996 Cabrio 6spd

Upgraded exhaust with Fabspeed mufflers and cats and ECU flash

Next thing is suspension

Need advice as to what is the best modification to the suspension

(shocks, coil over, struts, sway bars, etc) to help with cornering understeer, etc

THANKS in advance

'02 996 Cabrio 6spd

Upgraded exhaust with Fabspeed mufflers and cats and ECU flash

Next thing is suspension

Need advice as to what is the best modification to the suspension

(shocks, coil over, struts, sway bars, etc) to help with cornering understeer, etc

THANKS in advance

it depends on application....daily driver ,track or both.....

Car is weekend driven for fun, never on a track.

Would like it to handle better in curves, without sacrificing too much ride quality on South Jersey roads.

Fabspeed is recommending Bilstein PSS10 Coilover system OR Kw Varient 3 coilover system, that will not lower car (I didn't want to lower it) but will impoove cornering

Is there an alternative that's better?? Should I not be so fearful about lowering it??

Car is weekend driven for fun, never on a track.

Would like it to handle better in curves, without sacrificing too much ride quality on South Jersey roads.

Fabspeed is recommending Bilstein PSS10 Coilover system OR Kw Varient 3 coilover system, that will not lower car (I didn't want to lower it) but will impoove cornering

Is there an alternative that's better?? Should I not be so fearful about lowering it??

For what you want the Porsche Sport Suspension (M030-includes front and rear springs and shocks, and front and rear sway bars and bushings) or ROW Sport Suspenison might be your best bet (based on cost and improvment). Bilsteins will work too and you may be able to find the PSS9s (that is all you should need) cheeper than the new PSS10 version.

All the aftermarket (and Porsche) sportier suspensions lowert he car. Really depends on whats too low for you and how much you want to spend. An inch lower is about european spec, so I don't really think too low. You should have about 26 1/2 " from top of wheel fender to ground through centerline of wheel, USA stock. Pretty much everyone agrees that is just way too high. PSS9/10 will lower minimum of about 1.1 inch (~30mm), but is adjustable to go lower, as well as firmness/plushness. Plushest setting is way smoother than stock, plus lifetime warranty. Stiffest is stiffer than M030, not sure where it compares to X74. ROW M030 lowers minimum 10mm, but non-adjustable. X74 about 25mm lower, stiffer than M030, also non-adjustable. M030 with sways, new is about the same $$ as PSS9 w/o sways, (~ 1800, not installed) maybe a little less (they just had a big price increase), and of course is a Porsche supplied system, like the X74. X74 & M030 use same sways. Kw Variant I know next to nothing about, except most expensive of all, and highly regarded.

Edited by perryinva

I've got an 02 C2 cab too and would like to upgrade the suspension. My last Porsche was a Boxster and it cornered like it was on rails. There's alot I love about my 911, but it tends to push the front tires and generally feels less settled when you drive it hard thru corners. From what I've been reading, lowing and upgrading the shocks and sway bars will significantly improve the cars balance. I'd like to improve the handling without making it too harsh. sounds like the two Porsche options are pretty good as well as the bilsteins. Does anyone know about the HR's. Also, would like to know opinions on swaybars to go with the bilsteins and or HR's. My experience is performance upgrades are all about the combination. Thanks

I've got an 02 C2 cab too and would like to upgrade the suspension. My last Porsche was a Boxster and it cornered like it was on rails. There's alot I love about my 911, but it tends to push the front tires and generally feels less settled when you drive it hard thru corners. From what I've been reading, lowing and upgrading the shocks and sway bars will significantly improve the cars balance. I'd like to improve the handling without making it too harsh. sounds like the two Porsche options are pretty good as well as the bilsteins. Does anyone know about the HR's. Also, would like to know opinions on swaybars to go with the bilsteins and or HR's. My experience is performance upgrades are all about the combination. Thanks

i currently run h/r with bilsteins hd and h/r sways ...to me perfect street setup not the best pic with cell

post-34129-1236883802_thumb.jpg

post-34129-1236884515_thumb.jpg