Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Tequipment PSE switch?

I understand that if you buy PSE as Tequipment from the dealer for a car that doesn't have Sport Chrono, there is a switch that goes in the lower trim panel (where the PSM, Sport, PASM, etc buttons are). Does anyone have a picture of this button? Does the PSE kit come with a replacement trim panel with an extra opening, or do you need to buy that separately? Anyone know how this is wired in (I doubt the factory harness has accomidation, so is it a wire run to the solenoid in the engine bay)?

I also understand that the ECU controlled PSE is for MY07+ cars. Does the PSE still work as a simple on/off button for MY06 cars?

Thanks for any help in understanding this option! :)

You need two extra parts if you don't have Sports Chrono.

997.613.129.00 FMH if your car doesn't have PASM

or

997.613.131.00 FMH if your car does have PASM

both of the above are the full switch panel

and

987.612.905.01 The switch wiring harness. The wiring harness connects the switch on the DME in the rear boot.

Don't have a picture of the button (but it has been posted before on this site) essentially it looks like a double exhaust pipe.

Pre MY07 have no connection point in the engine bay for the solenoid switch and hence the button would not function on a pre MY07 car. You can install the exhaust but it will be permanently in sport mode.

There is a documented case of someone who has installed the appropriate additional wiring for a pre MY07 car but the wiring doesn't come as part of a Porsche kit and I guess it is not an approved procedure. Berty987 may be able to help you more with this as I believe he knows about the documented case and I think he is going to try it himself.

Cheers,

Nick

I understand that if you buy PSE as Tequipment from the dealer for a car that doesn't have Sport Chrono, there is a switch that goes in the lower trim panel (where the PSM, Sport, PASM, etc buttons are). Does anyone have a picture of this button? Does the PSE kit come with a replacement trim panel with an extra opening, or do you need to buy that separately? Anyone know how this is wired in (I doubt the factory harness has accomidation, so is it a wire run to the solenoid in the engine bay)?

I also understand that the ECU controlled PSE is for MY07+ cars. Does the PSE still work as a simple on/off button for MY06 cars?

Thanks for any help in understanding this option! :)

Edited by wizard263789

Wizard: Thanks so much! Any specs on the switch itself? Is it a momentary like the spoiler or PSM button?

White: Appreciate the sentiment, but I'm looking at using the switch to control a prototype exhaust that does something similar to the PSE. :)

It's like the other switches i.e. it has no defined press in and held for on if that's what you are asking?

What's is going on with the electronics, whether the switch is supply a continous 'on' once it is 'pressed' I don't know. I guess it is doing the same as the other switches whatever that is!!

Wizard: Thanks so much! Any specs on the switch itself? Is it a momentary like the spoiler or PSM button?

White: Appreciate the sentiment, but I'm looking at using the switch to control a prototype exhaust that does something similar to the PSE. :)