Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Air Suspension Faulty- Bad Level Sensor?

I started my 05 CTT a few days ago and the "air suspension faulty workshop" warning came on. I had garage door problems so I had to park my cars outside overnight. It rained quite hard. I have played around with the air suspension level and also the suspension ride setting and everything seemed to work fine.

Tonight, I hooked the car up to my durametric reader. Under the level section, there was a warning that said faulty left rear level sensor. I tried to clear the fault however I was not able to.

Can anybody tell me where the "level sensor" is and also how to determine if mine is actually faulty. FYI- I have had the CTT in the garage for the last three days- completely out of the rain. Also, could anybody let me know what thr part number for the level sensor in question.

thanks,

steve

• Moderators

The sensor is located in the strut/track arm area, it's a sensor with a lever system. Most common cause is a badly corroded connector, sometimes a loose lever.

• 2 years later...

The sensor is located in the strut/track arm area, it's a sensor with a lever system. Most common cause is a badly corroded connector, sometimes a loose lever.

RFM can you give me the PET description please, rear left

error code 1767 indicates rear left level sensor but fault finding says recalibrate level first prior to replacing sensor, and that after sensor is replaced recalibrate level. Make DIY a little difficult

OR.... it may even be that critters got under the car at the Valet Parking at Philly airport while one was in Europe for 12 days and ate the wiring to the left rear sensor. Hang on that's exactly what happened. 1 Hour labor and some wire to rebuild the damaged harness.