Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Bluetooth for my 2007 with pcm (which one)

Hi Friends,

I have been contemplating adding a bluetooth and Ipod adapter for my 2007 Boxster with pcm. The telephone module is to outrageously priced at 1500. so I have researched Nave TV Tooki, Dension gateway 500, and Mobridge all about the same price give or take a few dollars. So out of all three which product has the least amount of problems and works the best with my pcm.

I have looked at the installation on all three but not sure of the route the MOST cable takes. I have the pcm cd player for the 2.1 software in the front trunk. On the installation does the Most hook up to the cd player in the front truck for my pcm as well or bypass the unit and go directly to the main PCM and stereo player.

Warren

Which unit you go for depends on what hardware you are using. If you are a mac devotee then the mobridge device is specifically designed to synch with mac products , ipod, i phone etc. If you plan on using a USB memory stick or an alternative bluetooth phone then the dension product would get my vote as its well supported with updates and more flexible to alternative hardware. Virtually all these add on devices work by fitting in place of the original CD changer on the MOST loop , so your PCM will need to be coded as if it has a CD changer. If you have a Cd changer it should sit on top of the DVD navigation drive in the front trunk.The dension unit emulates the PCM phone device allowing the pcm to hold phone book lists and data.

Edited by berty987

Thanks bert987

I don't Have the Cd changer sitting on the dvd navigation drive. I gues just a single dvd player unit with the pcm and stereo unit. Can I loop the most directly with the dvd navigation drive in the truck or do I go directly in to the back of pcm and then loop to the dvd nav. unit. I have noticed in the intallation guide for both of thoses units they don't show the dvd nav. drive just cd changers.

secuuda

There is a set sequence for interfaces on the MOST loop. The Dension unit will need to be in series with the Nav unit and from memory will fit in place after the navigation system. The MOST connectors have arrows on the end of the plugs so you see if the connection is the input or the output from the device. The dension fitting instructions are very good and will explain more.