Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cayenne Turbo Air Suspension HACK?

Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum and want to thank you all of you for the knowledge and laughs that you've shared.

alright, before I start to tear up...

Is there a hack that allows you to manipulate the OEM air suspension to allow you to drive with the "loading level" selected?

the lowest level setting (that's driveable) isn't low enough for me --aesthetically.

with the "loading level" selected, it brings the Cayenne down a significant amount that looks killer. However, you can't drive around with this setting. As soon as you hit 5 mph, it automatically raises.

I suppose I could roll on the freeways at 3mph, but not sure that's legal (gotta check state highway laws...)

oh yeah, I plan on getting the module to lower it even further, but even with that I'd like to be able to drive with the modified "loading level" height.

• 1 month later...

I don't know anything about the "hack" you are talking about, but I got the Cargraphic Lowering Module installed. I now have 10 modes to choose from(5 stock 5 Cargraphic) and the Cargraphic ones are all 40mm lower than stock. Also the 3 suspension dampening modes are all firmer by about 25% when in Cargraphic mode.

This is Cargraphic loading level:

cargraphic_loading_level2.jpg

Here is the toggle switch between stock and Cargraphic modes:

cgswitch1.jpg

The Black Turbo Cayenne is in stock low mode and my Ti Turbo Cayenne is in Cargraphic low mode.

carlowvsstocklow4.jpg

More pics here:

http://www.jlosee.com/images/porsche/cayen...ered/index.html

You can see how the Cargraphic low mode(which I can drive in) is about the same as the stock loading level.

Went down to Cargraphic USA in NJ it installed by Erik the guru of lowering module installs.

I think this will accomplish what you want. It's not cheap though.

Edited by jenner

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! your CTT looks fantastic!

ONce I get mine lowered and exhaust fitted, I'll post some pics too.

thanks for your help!

did the ride get considerably firmer in the lowest height setting and the normal dampning mode?

• 1 month later...

OK guys,

I was able to finally answer my own question regarding whether or not a hack was available for the Cayenne air suspension.

well I found out there is!

After extensive research, I contacted my friend Ralph over at RB tech (who lowered, remapped, and fitted with exhaust and intake) who educated me quite a bit on air suspensions for both the Cayenne and the Bentley GT. He explained to me that he was originally working on a lowering module for the Cayenne (basically the same setup up as the cargraphic one and the techart except less expensive) however, the demand wasn't high enough as he only had one other request other than me to lower a Cayenne. He then moved his efforts to a module for the Bentley GT as he lowered six GTs in the 1 month prior to SEMA!

So he wasn't planning on building a module anytime soon for the Cayenne unless the demand was there (let's get on it guys!).

So, I asked him what my options were if I didn't want to drop 2 grand on a module to lower the car. He said he could go into the stock module and modify the resistors to to lower the car as much as 2" for $500! however, he suggested no lower than 1.5" since it stiffens the ride considerably. It maintains all the originally controls, but just lowers all 5 levels of height proportionally.

I think this is a great deal and I know he does quality work. He has been manufacturing his own suspensions for mercedes for years now and athletes and celebs trust him well. If Nicholas Cage and Dr. Dre trusts Ralph with there ferraris, than I know I can trust him with my ride.

Check out his website www.rbtechla.com and contact him with any questions you have. Tell him Mesa told you about him or at least let's all pressure him to make that module for our cars!

• 10 months later...

He wants $800 for the mod now...

OK guys,

I was able to finally answer my own question regarding whether or not a hack was available for the Cayenne air suspension.

After extensive research, I contacted my friend Ralph over at RB tech (who lowered, remapped, and fitted with exhaust and intake) who educated me quite a bit on air suspensions for both the Cayenne and the Bentley GT. He explained to me that he was originally working on a lowering module for the Cayenne (basically the same setup up as the cargraphic one and the techart except less expensive) however, the demand wasn't high enough as he only had one other request other than me to lower a Cayenne. He then moved his efforts to a module for the Bentley GT as he lowered six GTs in the 1 month prior to SEMA!

So he wasn't planning on building a module anytime soon for the Cayenne unless the demand was there (let's get on it guys!).

So, I asked him what my options were if I didn't want to drop 2 grand on a module to lower the car. He said he could go into the stock module and modify the resistors to to lower the car as much as 2" for $500! however, he suggested no lower than 1.5" since it stiffens the ride considerably. It maintains all the originally controls, but just lowers all 5 levels of height proportionally.

I think this is a great deal and I know he does quality work. He has been manufacturing his own suspensions for mercedes for years now and athletes and celebs trust him well. If Nicholas Cage and Dr. Dre trusts Ralph with there ferraris, than I know I can trust him with my ride.

Check out his website www.rbtechla.com and contact him with any questions you have. Tell him Mesa told you about him or at least let's all pressure him to make that module for our cars!

• 3 weeks later...
He wants $800 for the mod now...
OK guys,

I would suspect that if you moved the ride height sensors on the A Arms the height should change too. Free lowering!