Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

1990 C2 964 Not Starting DME Relay No Power

cbr786

hello everyone I have a 1990 C2 Convertible LHD and it will not start unless I run a live wire from the positive battery terminal to one of the pins on te dme relay in the fuse box ???

the live wire stays thier contiously in order for the car to run, The car is a project car and I dont quite know the history on her.... Is it possible that if the hood motors which are currently disconnected for the soft top would cause a problem where the car will not start because it thinks the hood frame is in open half way position or something or am I barking up the wrong tree here???

any help would be great all the obvious things have been checked fuses fly whel sensor coil packs fuel pump etc the car gets fuel but no spark the spark is disabled I have even tried testing the ecu in another car and it worked fine ....

any help would be great thier is a bunch plug next to the main ecu with nothing connected to this I was wonderin if that is causing the problem but not sure I aquired the car as a non runner but have manged to get it going by the qbove method...

your suggestion are most welcome on the topic

many thanks

Zak (UK Birmingham)

think I cracked this one as well

all 964 cabs get water inside them at some point this fact even if it is dry stored when you wash the car some water ingress is invetible

any hows passenger front footwell you have the main wiring loom going to the ECU this loom bends at a roughly 90 degrees angle at the corner of the footwell where it proceeds up the bulk head along the top scuttle wiper motor area to the fuse box ... the exact route I am not too sure on as this is guess work

but where it bends say 45 to 90 degrees on the floor along the sill area and front bulk head is a water prone area i.e if the foot well gets wet that area will accumulate water this inturn can over time cause the loom to get damage and even a short break in one of the wires can cause an implausable signal ... etc

so I think after I have carried out test for breaks in this loom I should have sorted it ....

will update in 28 days this is how long it sometimes takes me on my project cars lol .... I just dont get the time to work on them ... I guess if the 996 C4 Cab was not about I would have got the 964 sorted by now ...