Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Worth upgrading from Cayenne S to a Turbo for a Daily Driver?

I have a 2006.5 Cayenne S Titaninium Edition with 13000 miles and I love this SUV. I really enjoy the ride and feel that there is a lot of power!! However with the change in the economy I have seen several deals out there. Is it worth it to trade mine in for a 2006 Cayenne Turbo with 34000 miles on it?

I have a few considerations:

1) Is the added power needed and/or available to use in daily driving in the city? I love to drive 'spirited', but find few opportunities in the city.

2) I will be losing about a year of warranty - should I ensure it is CPO?

3) What dollar difference would be a good deal in cost considering the mileage and loss of a year?

4) What factory options do you think are very important on the turbo?

I have not driven a turbo and really value your opinions on the difference between the two.

Cheers

Be happy with the S and do not test drive a TT or you will be ruined

The TT comes with most of the good stuff as standard

CPO is essential

I have a 2006.5 Cayenne S Titaninium Edition with 13000 miles and I love this SUV. I really enjoy the ride and feel that there is a lot of power!! However with the change in the economy I have seen several deals out there. Is it worth it to trade mine in for a 2006 Cayenne Turbo with 34000 miles on it?

I have a few considerations:

1) Is the added power needed and/or available to use in daily driving in the city? I love to drive 'spirited', but find few opportunities in the city.

2) I will be losing about a year of warranty - should I ensure it is CPO?

3) What dollar difference would be a good deal in cost considering the mileage and loss of a year?

4) What factory options do you think are very important on the turbo?

I have not driven a turbo and really value your opinions on the difference between the two.

Cheers

Be happy with the S and do not test drive a TT or you will be ruined

The TT comes with most of the good stuff as standard

CPO is essential

I test drove a 955 Cayenne Turbo S in MAGNUM trimm :)

after that my CS felt like a joke.

I love my CS, and don't need more power on my trips. the maximum speed is more than enough also the acceleration is good enough, so that I'll not be the last one from a stoplight to another.

But if you consider what other rides are you might consider getting one. Just try to think that your car PCS has the same performance like the average later models of 4.4l BMW X5 :(:( and that doesnt sound good. I race this car with this engine many times, and these cars are close, the PCS can do it just a little better, mainly because of the gearbox which can be heard how it simply chnge the gear quickly. Dont want to think how it will be between my car and one of my friend new BMW 4.8 ? or with the X6 3.5? but I drive a Porsche :)

Back on subject:

If you have roads and planing trips in where you will use the powerband that the Turbo has, Go For It. Other wise, stick with the CS cause the Turbo had worst milleage than the CS, and you wont use it, feel it until 60miles/hour accelerations. Another difference is that the Turbo has all the goodies installed, dont know if there are manier than you have consider yours is a Titanium.

Thanks to all of you for your valuable input. I' am trying to line up a test drive to see for myself, and I will try to keep my head about me. It seems that the CS is a tremendous vehicle and anything more is a matter of emotion - or pure exhileration!!

I believe everyone is being way too nice about his.... the reality is that a CTT is great, but with the right mods included ECU tune, intake, and exhaust it puts it in the unreal category!!!!! :) You think it is nice stock, try it with 75+ more HP! The normally aspirated Cayennes just do not get this type of power with mods, not even close.