Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Anyone running Hankook Ventus V12 EVO's?

Car and driver just reviewed max performance summer tires and the Hankooks got good marks. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...omparison_test

I will need new tires soon and I'd like some real world input on these and any other pertinent comments. I was just about ready to go with PS2's but these are about half the price and Car and Driver thinks the Hankooks are better in all areas except in wet skidpad and wet autocross.

I drive my car in the rain only when fooled by the weather man.

Hankook & Kumho both made in Korea tires came in 2nd & 3rd,,,wow

I got a set of Nexen N3000(also made in korea) on my 986S and

a set of Hankook ventus on my S500.

Great tires for its price, regardless their prices with its best braking & grip- Hankook Ventus V12 is probably the best tire out there now,,,,,,

I am running Hankook Ventus tires on the Cayenne, and I am reasonably pleased with them. For the price, they are hard to beat.

I read the article in Car and Driver also. I was hoping to see the Sumitomo HTR Z III in the test, because I put a set on my 996 a few months ago. I've been pleased with them also, and they are in the same price range as the Hankooks.

I waited for that comparo to come out to pick tires because the last time I chose their winner (Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3) I was very happy with them. That Goodyear doesn't come in the 205/50-17 for my fronts any more (neither does the comparo winner Dunlop) so I decided to give some bargain tires a try this time because they seem to be getting pretty good and worst case, at those prices, I can just replace them next year if I don't like them. I was on the verge of ordering the Hankooks but chickened out because the V12 is too new to be able to find many reviews and the thing about the C&D review I didn't like was that even though they performed well they said the Ventus didn't feel like it. I think soft and imprecise might have been what they said. I didn't want to be disappointed by the way the car felt for the next year (track times aren't my biggest criteria). I ended up ordering the Sumitomo HTR Z III for a similar price from Tirerack so it's good to see the comment from Dennis.

If I didn't get one of these I would have gone for the Bridgestones in the comparison. We get enough rain in the Winter in NorCal that one lesson in half-worn Pirellis during a downpour got my attention. The 3rd place Kumhos in the test were ruled out for that reason.

For what it's worth, there is a $50 rebate from Hankook if you buy 4 of those. You can find the form on their web site.

I have these tires... and I am afraid I cannot be much help. I just purchased my 996 with 12,200 miles and these were brand new in plastic when I took delivery. (I now have 13,500) They seem to ride nice. They are 18's and I cannot complain of any tread noise or hum...but, the low profile tires and lack of Porsche insulation make for a ride that is much louder than a Lexus. But, on previous cars and short sidewalls (30-35 size), I can say these ride quiet so far. I had 3 sets of Toyo's and each started out very quiet and later developed an irritating hum and ALL dried and cracked before I even came close to the mileage warranty. Cheers! :D