Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Dension Install C4S with CDC

Looking to Start a Dension Gateway 500 installation. I poked around the CDC a bit and am unsure how to get access to the unit in a C4S. I pulled back some of the interior hood material, but i'm not sure of the right way to remove the CDC / CDC case. Let me know if you have some experience with this.

• 4 weeks later...

Porsche Planet website has a DIY where they show removal of all the trim in the front of a Cayman to get to the CDC ... - I think it was actually for a DVD nav install - but its the exact same area.

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/showproduc...ct=99&cat=5

This same guy Kman-s has a GW500 install article on the same website - its very good.

• 3 months later...
Porsche Planet website has a DIY where they show removal of all the trim in the front of a Cayman to get to the CDC ... - I think it was actually for a DVD nav install - but its the exact same area.

This same guy Kman-s has a GW500 install article on the same website - its very good.

996 looks different inside the hood.

996 looks different inside the hood.

Do you have a 997 or 996 C4S? In the 997, the CDC is in the trunk on passenger side, outside the plastic shrouding area near battery. On my 997 Targa, I chose to install the Dension behind the PCM inside the car, since the AWD cars have so little space in the trunk.

• 1 month later...

I'm kind of struggling with this myself. I have a '05 997 C2S - with DVD Nav and CDC ... I peeled all the plastic out of the boot, hooked up the fibers, power, etc. but now I am struggling a little how to route the wiring back to the glove box or console (where I'd prefer to put the iPod) and more to the point to get the microphone wire for the BTA1500 (bluetooth add-on) into the cabin ...

If I mount the Dension box itself right on top of the nav unit, I'm struggling with where to feed the wires first into the area near the battery ... from there I can see a rubber grommet in the main firewall right behind the battery - so I suppose that's how I get access to the main cabin ... starting to think putting it behind the PCM might be the smarter idea afterall ...

• 1 month later...

There is a rubber grommet just to the right of the battery. Make a smal hole with a knitting needle or bradawl and thread the wire through. It comes out the other side in the drivers footwell to the top right of the cutch pedal , you may need to peel the carpet back a little to see it. Then you can run the cable under the edge of the centre console up to the center armrest or cubby storage.

• 6 months later...

I too had this issue - I mounted the dension 500 on top of the nav dvd but could remove the cdc since it seemed to have a captive nut under it. I did manage to get the fibre optic out and i plugged that directly into the dension, then the dension plugged into the cdc for passthrough mode. I tapped into the power lead for the CDC for the power to the Dension 500 unit. I have a tooki BT phone kit which is a whole other story as it rarely works properly!.