Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Need picture of 997 exhaust manifold

I bought a low mileage 07 C4 earlier this year from the local Porsche dealer. It is clear to me that the owner added turbo style wheels after the car was purchased. I just started doing some research for a possible exhaust system upgrade, (and I was sad to learn here that the PSE has gone up more than 33% with no change to the package). Among other things, I saw a post that mentioned a low cost header made by X51, and so I went out on the net and found a picture of the thing, and darn if it doesn't look exactly like the exhaust manifolds on my C4. I'm thinking that the previous owner may have installed X51 headers. I searched the web for a picture of the stock 997 manifold for comparison, but I could not find a picture. Can someone please post a picture of or a link to a stock exhaust manifold?

If he upgraded the wheels and the headers, I can't help wondering if he changed anything else. Thanks.

Mike M

If your headers look like this they are the X -51.

The "S" Carrera has a very funky header that has a totally different configuration.

I see you have the 997 C4. It may have come stock with the X-51.

Loren (the site admisistrator) may know the answer to this.

post-7267-1257377366_thumb.jpg

Edited by phillipj

If your headers look like this they are the X -51.

The "S" Carrera has a very funky header that has a totally different configuration.

I see you have the 997 C4. It may have come stock with the X-51.

Loren (the site admisistrator) may know the answer to this.

Thanks for posting the photo. Yes, those are the headers that are on my car. I see that the X-51 package also includes mufflers from the PSE system. How would I tell if I have the PSE mufflers? (I don't have the PSE switch.) Is there a documented horsepower increase with these headers (and with the x-51 package)? The option codes on my sticker do not have any indication of an X-51 package. I know the turbo wheels were a later addition, and so I'm guessing, (do to lack of option codes), that the headers are also late additions. Thanks again.

I believe that Porsche put the X 51 headers on all Carrera's except the "S" in which they put a crappy restrictive header (go figure.) My Carrera "S" is a 2006 and I have the PSE. I do not have a switch to control it's on and off.

If you have the PSE your exhaust tips will be different sizes. Attached is a pic of my car with the PSE. You can clearly see that the outside tip is larger than the inside tip.

I you had the X51 package (which Porsche now calls a "Power Kit") you would probably see a big difference in what you paid for the car. I believe it's a $20k+ option from the factory.

If you had the power kit you would have a dual intake carbon fiber airbox. Do you have that?

I hope all my facts are correct here. I'm sure another member will correct me if they are not.

:cheers:

By the way I ordered the X 51 headers for my car :clapping:

post-7267-1257443444_thumb.jpg

Edited by phillipj

I believe that Porsche put the X 51 headers on all Carrera's except the "S" in which they put a crappy restrictive header (go figure.) My Carrera "S" is a 2006 and I have the PSE. I do not have a switch to control it's on and off.

If you have the PSE your exhaust tips will be different sizes. Attached is a pic of my car with the PSE. You can clearly see that the outside tip is larger than the inside tip.

I you had the X51 package (which Porsche now calls a "Power Kit") you would probably see a big difference in what you paid for the car. I believe it's a $20k+ option from the factory.

If you had the power kit you would have a dual intake carbon fiber airbox. Do you have that?

I hope all my facts are correct here. I'm sure another member will correct me if they are not.

:cheers:

By the way I ordered the X 51 headers for my car :clapping:

Thanks phillipj. No I don't have a carbon fiber airbox. Darn! Great looking car!

Mike

Thanks! :D

Do you have the exhaust tips that are different size? If so then you have the PSE. Like I mentioned the 05 and later 997's with PSE did not come with a switch (like the 996.) Mine is activated when I put it in "Sport Mode" (I have the Sport Chrono option.) In regular mode I get no PSE <_<

Some folks add an interior switch in the 997 to have control over the PSE (rather than having the car dictate that sweet sound.)

Thanks! :D

Do you have the exhaust tips that are different size? If so then you have the PSE. Like I mentioned the 05 and later 997's with PSE did not come with a switch (like the 996.) Mine is activated when I put it in "Sport Mode" (I have the Sport Chrono option.) In regular mode I get no PSE <_<

Some folks add an interior switch in the 997 to have control over the PSE (rather than having the car dictate that sweet sound.)

No I only have the normal Carrera oval tips. I did know that PSE has the two round tips with one smaller than the other, but I didn't know if you could install PSE mufflers without installing the entire system. It looks like I just have a stock Carrera exhaust system. I'm thinking about getting the PSE system, but I see that the price went way up a couple of months back, and so my negotiations with the wife will be a bit more difficult :rolleyes: .