Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Squeaking noise & vibrations front tires

Have an 04 Cayenne S with about 76k miles on it. Two things are happening lately (actually for more than 10k miles) and i am looking for any advise and what can i do about them:

First: If I just start to roll off from a stop and not yet have started to really speed of, I hear a squeaking sound as you would hear if you braked. Just that I have not put the food on either the brake nor the gas. Now, if i slightly touched the brake pedal the squeak stops. The answer from Porsche Service is, your brake pads are low and once you have them replaced it would go away. Anyone with the same experience?

Second: if I have to make a sharp left turn at lower speeds the front tires/wheels start to vibrate strongly and it almost feels as they would skip. They certainly not just roll, is that normal?

thanks for your replies!

Have an 04 Cayenne S with about 76k miles on it. Two things are happening lately (actually for more than 10k miles) and i am looking for any advise and what can i do about them:

First: If I just start to roll off from a stop and not yet have started to really speed of, I hear a squeaking sound as you would hear if you braked. Just that I have not put the food on either the brake nor the gas. Now, if i slightly touched the brake pedal the squeak stops. The answer from Porsche Service is, your brake pads are low and once you have them replaced it would go away. Anyone with the same experience?

Second: if I have to make a sharp left turn at lower speeds the front tires/wheels start to vibrate strongly and it almost feels as they would skip. They certainly not just roll, is that normal?

thanks for your replies!

sounds like you have a warped disk brake or bad brake pads... take the wheels off and check it. good luck

B)

Have the brakes inspected, if the brake pad is at it's min. point you should have a warning displayed in the instrument cluster. Sharp steering angles can cause the tires to skip due to the front differential which is normal but it should do it regardless of a left or right turn.

Start with the basic and check the tire pressures and P/S fluid level. I think the tire PSI is 39 Front and 44 Rear but check the information decal just to be sure.

Have the brakes inspected, if the brake pad is at it's min. point you should have a warning displayed in the instrument cluster. Sharp steering angles can cause the tires to skip due to the front differential which is normal but it should do it regardless of a left or right turn.

Start with the basic and check the tire pressures and P/S fluid level. I think the tire PSI is 39 Front and 44 Rear but check the information decal just to be sure.

Thanks. Have it just done and pads are almost completely gone and the rotor has lost about 2mm and has become due too. The warning light came on just yesterday. What upsets me that my dealer here in LV had the car about 1k miles for another service and that i was told although pads are low they should be good until next service. This is the third time in a row they returned a car to me that was not fixed or checked properly. I am just waiting until they send me something about a rating of their service. Needless to say that I want to go to an independent brake shop. I got quoted 600$ for pads and rotors. I paid that much just for front pads changed!

Good to know that the front wheels skipping is normal. Thanks again