Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Seat + Steering Wheel No Longer Adjust

Any idea? I have a RHD cayenne turbo which I took to a hand carwash with inside vallet too. I was there whilst they did this and they did jetwash a bit too much for my liking into the gap between windscreen + bonnet trying to blow out leaves. Anyway they then went on to clean the interior which I didn't watch too carefully. When they gave the car back the drivers electric seat was maximum forwards with backrest straight up and the controls no longer work. Also the steering wheel won't adjust.

Passenger side is ok.

So any ideas what they have done? I checked the fuses and found that fuse 24 on driver side (Right hand side as Right hand drive car) was blown. This is a 30amp fuse and it keeps blowing instantly when I replace it. Is it possible they've somehow got the seat into some funny position where the motor is straining as soon as it gets power and drawing too much current? If so, any ideas who to fix this. I'm concerned the dealer will just want to replace the seat or something similarly hideous to my wallet (no warranty as Ruf modified car).

Does anyone know how to disconnect the seat so I could at least isolate whether its a problem with the electric wheel or the seat and perhaps move the wheel back in a bit so I could at least drive car without airbag 2mm from my face...

Thanks for any help.

Been thinking about my problem. Given it keeps blowing the fuse, maybe the harness under the seat got caught up in the mechanism when slid forwards by the valetters and cut it shorting it out. Will take a look but not easy to get in there I don't think?

Not sure what this could be. The attached document may help you at least get it apart and perhaps diagnose your issue. Has about everything on the seats in a Cayenne.

It is a larger file so be patient. Need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open. Good luck

Donnie

Thanks for the attachment. Will help me identify which part I need to order as I've diagnosed the problem. There is part of the seat loom which has been cut my a piece of metal sticking out of the subframe so it was shorting against this. I've moved the cable so it won't hook on it and wrapped some insulation tape around it. All functionality returned and no longer shorting. Ideally I need to replace this bit of loom but not sure whether practical approach is to just tape the bit of frame and loom and leave them for now. Depends on how far the loom goes I guess. Its not very accessible from behind the seat which is where I found the problem to be.

Edited by DanH

You are welcome....Glad you solved the problem. You may be able to just use a butt connector and splice your wire back together, or perhaps some heat shrink.

Donnie

Not even that I don't think as conductor seems ok. Bit of tape should do it!