Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Radio dead and system error navigation and amplifier not detected

Hi! I just installed the itronics for BT/ipod and Backup cam. Everything worked fine for a week. Yesterday, when I turn on the radio, nothing works...no sound and I get this message: system error navigation and amplifier not detected. Is this a problem with the itronics install, dead battery?

Help please

Thanks

Ian

1 - find and pull the fuse to the itronics unit then replace it

2 - do you still have a changer on the system

Hi! I just installed the itronics for BT/ipod and Backup cam. Everything worked fine for a week. Yesterday, when I turn on the radio, nothing works...no sound and I get this message: system error navigation and amplifier not detected. Is this a problem with the itronics install, dead battery?

Help please

Thanks

Ian

Hi!

The installer switch to another fuse (constant 12V) to provide power to the itronics. It seems to work for a week. My Porsche cayenne doesn't come with the CD changer in the rear.

It's very strange, sometime, it works flawlessly and sometime nothing works (radio, nav, BT, Ipod) and I get the message "system error, navigation and amplifier not available". Sometime, after 20-30 minutes drive, everything is coming back. What's wrong? is it the fiber optic not well connected? power problem?

Should I install it in the back at the CD changer connection?

Thanks

Help please

Thanks

Ian

does sound a bit like fiber

mine is installed in the front ok

they may have bent the fiber

Hi!

The installer switch to another fuse (constant 12V) to provide power to the itronics. It seems to work for a week. My Porsche cayenne doesn't come with the CD changer in the rear.

It's very strange, sometime, it works flawlessly and sometime nothing works (radio, nav, BT, Ipod) and I get the message "system error, navigation and amplifier not available". Sometime, after 20-30 minutes drive, everything is coming back. What's wrong? is it the fiber optic not well connected? power problem?

Thanks

Help please

Thanks

Ian

So, if the fiber was bent from the installer, how can I prove it? should I bring back to the installer or porsche dealer for Most piwi test? can it be a loose connection somewhere? does it have anything to do with the bybass switch? I don't really what to do...

does sound a bit like fiber

mine is installed in the front ok

they may have bent the fiber

Hi!

Thanks

Help please

Thanks

Ian

So, if the fiber was bent from the installer, how can I prove it? should I bring back to the installer or porsche dealer for Most piwi test? can it be a loose connection somewhere? does it have anything to do with the bybass switch? I don't really what to do...

Tough call but I would try the installer first. I mean you paid them to install it, so they should fix it. If they did bend a fiber optic, it may require dealer diagnosis.

Having just installed the itronics a couple weeks ago, it is kind of hard to pass the fiber wires to the head unit but a careful installer shouldn't of had to much of a problem. Let them check all the connections and fuses first.

ditto

Tough call but I would try the installer first. I mean you paid them to install it, so they should fix it. If they did bend a fiber optic, it may require dealer diagnosis.

Having just installed the itronics a couple weeks ago, it is kind of hard to pass the fiber wires to the head unit but a careful installer shouldn't of had to much of a problem. Let them check all the connections and fuses first.

I have the same problem error msg - "system error:navigation system, amplifier, CD changer, phone not available" I have removed and checked fuses, and then took to my Dubai dealer who ran the diagnostics, nothing explained to me if something came up or not as not allowed to stay with their engineers, but they did disconnect the battery to try and reboot the system and eventually they reached the conclusion that the phone module is faulty (they said this is connected in line to all the other elements so if this goes down nothing else works!) do I believe them? dont know - this Turbo 05 model uses a motorola module and they did not have one to see if this was the problem but I have to say I am dubious and wonder will they simply replace various bits of kit at great expense when it may be a simple problem somewhere. I have not changed anything simply was working one day and not the next! So if anyone can shed light on this I would be most grateful.

Regards Baz

• 2 weeks later...

Help please

Thanks

Ian

Here is an update...Brought to the dealer, they've done some tests and found no error and the problems recurs intermittently...

• 2 weeks later...

Help please

Thanks

Ian

Here is an update...Brought to the dealer, they've done some tests and found no error and the problems recurs intermittently...

reset the system press 158 @ the same time it should reset it :D

I have the same problem error msg - "system error:navigation system, amplifier, CD changer, phone not available" I have removed and checked fuses, and then took to my Dubai dealer who ran the diagnostics, nothing explained to me if something came up or not as not allowed to stay with their engineers, but they did disconnect the battery to try and reboot the system and eventually they reached the conclusion that the phone module is faulty (they said this is connected in line to all the other elements so if this goes down nothing else works!) do I believe them? dont know - this Turbo 05 model uses a motorola module and they did not have one to see if this was the problem but I have to say I am dubious and wonder will they simply replace various bits of kit at great expense when it may be a simple problem somewhere. I have not changed anything simply was working one day and not the next! So if anyone can shed light on this I would be most grateful.

Regards Baz

Baz - I live in Dubai and own a Cayenne S '06 and experienced big problems with the Bose amplifier. Lots of noise, cracklings, explosions from the stereo system and I also had the same system error. I was told to replace the amplifier @ AED 4770 without installation and labour. Instead I bought a new amplifier from the US for AED 3,400 + AED 250 for installation and labour. works perfect now! This might be your problem

Regards P