Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Dealer story.. Not bad just interesting

Took my car to the dealer for a check up and to have them look at a couple little issues. My coolant cap was crusting, trunk and engine compartment light didn't work etc...

When I called to see how the car was doing the service guy told me the horn needed to be replaced and that they also discovered an "oil leak" This came as a shock to me because I was under the car a couple weeks ago and it was dry as a bone.

I went down the next morning and said "show me the leak"... The guy said "oh the tech isn't in yet let me see what the report says".. He said "Oh it's your RMS" I said "not possible" "I was under the car and the re was no leaks from the RMS. He said "well let me talk to the tech and see".

I left and came back and he said "oh it's not your RMS, one of your cam covers is "sweating".. "we'll re-seal it for you" Hmmmmm.......

Long story short I picked up the car yesterday. This is what they did... Replaced horn, re-sealed cam cover, replaced coolant cap, replaced bulb in engine compartment and re-connected light in trunk. He said "it's all covered under warranty". He told me that it would have cost $1900 bucks...$1900 bucks! :o Holy smokes what a racket these guys have..

He knew I was a very knowledgable Porsche owner or they may have even replaced more things.

But I have to say they treated me very well. The car was washed and beautiful when I picked it up. Just have to be careful these guys don't mess with things that aren't broken...

Edited by phillipj

Dealerships are slow right now in this economy and many Porsches are off the road in winter storage. They love warranty work. They get paid. The customer is happy they did NOT pay. Win-win.

Why are people surprised how much a Porsche dealership charges. Most shop rates exceed $200/hour. Heck, Ford charges over $100/hour. My Porsche indy shop rate is right at $100.

This is the "cost of addmission". Either learn to DIY or bring the big check book.