Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Company Information

Yreme

Wondering if anyone has had dealings with a company I found on the web. They are MOTOR MEISTER of Southern California. They offer a turn key engine rebuild for Porsche engines. Wondering of anyone has sent a motor there for rebuilding. I'm way out in Rio Rancho New Mexico and I'd like to know more about the company before I consider sending my basket case engine off to them. I just picked up the Porsche and the engine has been out of the car for some 5 years now and is missing some parts. The company states they deal with motors that have had mice living in them (mine is just shy of that). If anyone could let me know if they have heard of them, and how they are business wise it would really help.

They have a very bad reputation. There are many horror stories about them doing shoddy work and using used parts for their rebuilds. :angry:

Their website looks impressive but....... :o

I would search further. If you do a "Motor Meister" search here you should find some threads that may be useful.

Keep looking. Talk to lots of people and try to find referrals from people who have had work done by the vendor...

And for God sakes do not do business with Roock Motorsport. :censored:

Talk to Jake Raby at LE engineering ...expensive but very reputable...

• 1 month later...

Run away from MM as fast as you can. Do a search on Google or at Pelican Parts on Motor Meister. Way more bad reports than good.

I follow threads about service dealers on a few forums - mostly out of curiosity - and usually find a mix of love/hate reports. I have to say that Motor Meister is probably the only one that has universal bad reviews. I'm not saying there isn't a positive experience out there, just that it seems to be well hidden.

There might be a few good ones but why take a chance. I normally look at reports and see what the source is and get a feel for a place. MM definitely takes the cake for most bad press on engine rebuilds. One build from them used newspaper under the crank bearings because they were too loose and that was their solution to fix it. Parts were worn out before they started the rebuild. <_<