Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

National Car Test

National Car Test- Horror in Ireland

So today I took my 2001 996 C4 6sp. cab. (75000’ish miles on clock)

for it’s legally obligatory every 2 year’s roadworthiness check up.

It’s like the English MOT.

And was disappointed to find out it failed, for a second time 1st because of side lamps not working (a few months ago) and now 2nd time for Front suspension wishbones/brush’s worn and Dip beam too high... But it more so, disappointed me to see him take my car for a test drive outside the test centre or more like a rally drive, he said he was just testing the suspension? yeah right.These guy’s are not even mechanics.

So as I get into my car I suddenly start to hear a squeaking noise when I depress the clutch pedal it’s even more louder from outside the car you can hear a squeaky grinding noise every time the clutch pedal is pressed?

It’s was definitely not there previous to the test.

In doing his so called “test drive” this fake mechanic damaged my car’s clutch somehow. So now I have to make a formal complaint in writing.

The advice I need form the forum is what cloud cause this type of damage?

Many thanks in advance guy’s.

(It make’s me sick that I did not speak up more at how he treated my car :angry: )

Here is a scan of the report.

post-26847-1264459839_thumb.jpg

Edited by JamesD

How old is your clutch in term of mileage? May be your clutch was worn out to the point about to make noise and unlucky for the mechanic who drove your car for test at the wrong time.

Prior to the test did you smell something like brake burnt odor from the car?

Maybe so, but it's too much coincidence I think?

I've smelt burning rubber before, but it's from the rear tyre's after a long fast run.

What are the tell-tail signs of Clutch Failure?

Had a new engine 2 years ago, and also got a new 2nd gear.