Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Door open beep while driving

I have a MY04 Cayenne S. Been many days already the instrument showing the driver side rear door open with warning beep and doom light on while the car is moving. I checked all the doors are well closed. Sometimes on and off while passing a bump but normally ON most of the time.

Is this a common issue and ever happened to anyone? I opened the rear door panel and all plugs and cables intact. Now I suspect there could be broken cable in between the cable connectors below the upper door hinge; I checked and there is no sign of broken cable. Or there is a broken microswitch of the door lock anyone has any idea how to change it? Any input will be appreciated! Thanks!

I have a MY04 Cayenne S. Been many days already the instrument showing the driver side rear door open with warning beep and doom light on while the car is moving. I checked all the doors are well closed. Sometimes on and off while passing a bump but normally ON most of the time.

Is this a common issue and ever happened to anyone? I opened the rear door panel and all plugs and cables intact. Now I suspect there could be broken cable in between the cable connectors below the upper door hinge; I checked and there is no sign of broken cable. Or there is a broken microswitch of the door lock anyone has any idea how to change it? Any input will be appreciated! Thanks!

Don't know if it's the same thing but a few weeks ago the bonnet (hood) warning light kept coming on. This was intermittent as well my hazard warning lights kept coming on, it turned out to be water leaking into some of the ECU's which then had to be replaced. Is it just the door or do other things happen as well?

There is a micro switch located in the latch that causes this problem. They do sometimes stick and can be cleaned with WD-40 and compressed air. I would resist the urge to lubricate them with any type of grease or oil as it often attracts dirt which aggravates the problem. The latch must be replaced as an assembly.

The dealer can test the switch to see which one is at fault.

Don't know if it's the same thing but a few weeks ago the bonnet (hood) warning light kept coming on. This was intermittent as well my hazard warning lights kept coming on, it turned out to be water leaking into some of the ECU's which then had to be replaced. Is it just the door or do other things happen as well?

It is just the driver side rear door..and I am almost 100% sure it is the microswitch since I have checked all the wires they are ok! I tried to open and shut the door many times it on and off and sometimes keep on or always off..now just wondering how to change or fix the microswitch?! Anyidea anyone?!

There is a micro switch located in the latch that causes this problem. They do sometimes stick and can be cleaned with WD-40 and compressed air. I would resist the urge to lubricate them with any type of grease or oil as it often attracts dirt which aggravates the problem. The latch must be replaced as an assembly.

The dealer can test the switch to see which one is at fault.

Thanks for the reply. Can you advise how to clean the micro switch in the door latch? Does it need to remove door panel? When I dismantle the door latch and anything need to be attention?

I don't remove the latch just soak it with WD-40 and use compressed air to remove and excess and debris that might be gumming up the switch. I've only had this work a few time and often need to replace the latch assembly.

I don't remove the latch just soak it with WD-40 and use compressed air to remove and excess and debris that might be gumming up the switch. I've only had this work a few time and often need to replace the latch assembly.

I just bent the plastic rod a little bit so it can reach and press the microswitch. I has been ok for a year.

thanks

I just bent the plastic rod a little bit so it can reach and press the microswitch. I has been ok for a year.

thanks

I really have no idea where is the microswitch in the latch. Can you tell me where it is which toward up, down or inner which side? I tried to insert a rod but feel nothing. Thank!

So I just insert the WD40 little strew into the latch and spray? Can you advise it needs to be toward which side in the latch assembly?