Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

True story: dropped the wife at the drug store and parked the p-car in the shade, pulling forward over the 'stopping block'. Spouse returned, got in the passenger seat, i reversed out and ripped the front air duct off the car. I guess this could be one more reason why spouses shouldn't ride in the p-car?

Actually, this leads to a question. Since there was no scraping or impact when pulling in to park, my wife's weight in the passenger side (no comments please :rolleyes: ) obviously lowered the car enough for the air duct 's rear-facing lip to catch the parking block. It could have been as little as one millimeter. It would be interesting to know how much this car lowers/suspension travel at various loadings in the cab.

True story: dropped the wife at the drug store and parked the p-car in the shade, pulling forward over the 'stopping block'. Spouse returned, got in the passenger seat, i reversed out and ripped the front air duct off the car. I guess this could be one more reason why spouses shouldn't ride in the p-car?

Actually, this leads to a question. Since there was no scraping or impact when pulling in to park, my wife's weight in the passenger side (no comments please :rolleyes: ) obviously lowered the car enough for the air duct 's rear-facing lip to catch the parking block. It could have been as little as one millimeter. It would be interesting to know how much this car lowers/suspension travel at various loadings in the cab.

we have the same car, and I can count on one hand the number of times my wife has actually got in the car to go on a trip with me. I've scraped the front end spoiler a few times, but nothing serious, and tore up the left wheel air spoiler driving on a rolling lawn a few years ago. (long story for another time.) but I was able to push that spoiler pretty much back into place even though the plastic piece that holds the rubber fastener was cracked. the front spoiler cracked once going up on a curb, but I eased the plastic back into shape and it actually looks just fine.

I couldnt say how much the car was physically lowered, but I bought a case of paper the other day, 12 reams I think, and put it in the front for the ride home. the car drove noticeably better to me with the extra weight. my 911sc drove better with a full tank of gas, and for fast runs I'd occasionally put some extra weight up front, usually a large bag of rock salt, about 50-60 lbs. The weight of the paper, I think 40-50 lbs, added some extra stability in the c4s going over the mountains on my way home. It could all be in my head, but I think the weight really did help, and I didn't notice any difference in the weight or ride level of the car at all.

all that being said, I don't think we could get our spouses to ride in the front end. or..... ok, forget it. :lol:

Edited by judgejon