Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Sport Chrono Package

And is it it worthwhile?

Here is a link to what it is: Click Here

Everyone has an opinion I am sure. I have the Sport Chrono on my 997 Turbo and makes a hell of a difference when engaged. Very noticeable change....As if the car is not a beast as it is, when in sport chrono

it is like riding a roller coaster in fast motion. I understand they now make them as add on kits as well. Not sure what the experience difference will be in a non-turbo (the turbo version gets a 10 second overboost in chrono mode!).....changes many other things as well (PASM dampened, shift mapping, throttle response, PSM settings etc..)

DC

According to the link, it looks to me like its features are good only for a PDK equipped car, unless it includes Sport Mode mapping.

No.......It works on Tip and Manual as well. The link gives a good overview, but is on Porsche's site and only covers the latest models, which are PDK or Manual. Other than the PDK

changes & launch control the other enhancements would apply to other cars depending on equipment..

DC

No.......It works on Tip and Manual as well. The link gives a good overview, but is on Porsche's site and only covers the latest models, which are PDK or Manual. Other than the PDK

changes & launch control the other enhancements would apply to other cars depending on equipment..

DC

What would it do for a normally aspirated '06-'07 C2S with a manual trans?

Edited by 355bhp

DC

What would it do for a normally aspirated '06-'07 C2S with a manual trans?

Well....I am no expert but if you have no PDK or Tptronic, shift mapping won't have any affect with a manual, if you get sport chrono plus with the PASM, it drops suspension 10mm and monitors the wheels to ensure contact with the road (very rough ride if not on a track), and probably the only real noticeable difference with your set up would be the throttle response that makes it feel a little quicker. There are a lot of threads on that on 6speedonline.com

DC

• Upvote 1

Well....I am no expert but if you have no PDK or Tptronic, shift mapping won't have any affect with a manual, if you get sport chrono plus with the PASM, it drops suspension 10mm and monitors the wheels to ensure contact with the road (very rough ride if not on a track), and probably the only real noticeable difference with your set up would be the throttle response that makes it feel a little quicker. There are a lot of threads on that on 6speedonline.com

DC

Thanks for the link. I'll sign up later today.

The Sport Chrono makes a huge difference on the Carrera S. I had on my 06 and it's like a different car. (I now have it on my Turbo and it really does make it a beast as well. Like the Rock88 says) Even though there is no boost to control on the 997 S Carrera it changes the fuel mapping and makes the throttle response much better and is a lot more fun to drive. And with the PSE it sounds sweet! Get the Sport Chrono and get the PSE. Lots of cars out there with both.

Good luck!

Edited by phillipj

The Sport Chrono makes a huge difference on the Carrera S. I had on my 06 and it's like a different car. (I now have it on my Turbo and it really does make it a beast as well. Like the Rock88 says) Even though there is no boost to control on the 997 S Carrera it changes the fuel mapping and makes the throttle response much better and is a lot more fun to drive. And with the PSE it sounds sweet! Get the Sport Chrono and get the PSE. Lots of cars out there with both.

Good luck!

I PM'd you on this.