Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Installing PSE change over valve

Hi,

Im installing a PSE on my 05 C2, and am a bit confused with reading the TSB on the install...I get the change over valve setup, and the electronics, but am not sure about how those plastic lines are connected inside engine bay, and I have an extra one of 125mm, is that needed?

thank you

Edited by jam996

Hi,

Im installing a PSE on my 05 C2, and am a bit confused with reading the TSB on the install...I get the change over valve setup, and the electronics, but am not sure about how those plastic lines are connected inside engine bay, and I have an extra one of 125mm, is that needed?

thank you

One vacuum line goes to each valve on the left and right silencer , these then connect into a Y shaped rubber piece which then goes back to the solenoid valve. The other side of the solenoid valve goes to the inlet manifold vacuum point take off , on some cars this involves another Y piece connected after the take off point , to allow the variocam plus solenoid and the PSE solenoid to share the same vacuum point. On my own car I also fitted a simple switch in series with hte solenoid actuation wiring to allow the PSE to be controlled independently of the car ECU. The benefits are the PSE doesnt go quiet at certain speeds and can be left operational all the time without the need to activate , every time the car is started.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

thank you

One vacuum line goes to each valve on the left and right silencer , these then connect into a Y shaped rubber piece which then goes back to the solenoid valve. The other side of the solenoid valve goes to the inlet manifold vacuum point take off , on some cars this involves another Y piece connected after the take off point , to allow the variocam plus solenoid and the PSE solenoid to share the same vacuum point. On my own car I also fitted a simple switch in series with hte solenoid actuation wiring to allow the PSE to be controlled independently of the car ECU. The benefits are the PSE doesnt go quiet at certain speeds and can be left operational all the time without the need to activate , every time the car is started.

So only 3 lines, one each for mufflers connected to Y shape and to solenoid valve, and the other from vaccum to U shape plastic(protective tube) on solenoid valve. Right? the short 125mm one not needed?

thanks

• 1 month later...

The routing and attachment of the vacuum lines for a 997 PSE is identical to that of a 996. Here is a link to the description of my 996 PSE install and the vacuum line routing.

I'm thinking of embarking on an interesting project. Could I use the circuit from the 996 PSE to control the 997 PSE changeover valve, so that regardless of the 997 DME setting, I can have a latching switch turn on or off the exhaust (like the 996).

Somehow take the whole circuit with relay, and put that in a 997 to control the PSE. But could I use the Exhaust Button from the 997 instead of the oval 996 one?

Any thoughts/advice?