Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Long road trip

Just home from a 1200 mile trip in my 2003 Boxster, with 46K, from Oklahoma to Santa Fe. I had had some anxiety about this first long trip in it, but let me assure those reading here that it came off without a hitch. Got between 27 and 30 MPG. Most of drive was on I-40, drove sensibly for the most part 5-7 over posted speed. In New Mexico that is 75, so did a lot of miles in the low 80's. Only prob I noticed was the Garmin had me going about 2 mph slower than the digital speedo. Trip max speed was 98 mph, had a Camry and Accord pass me as I was doing 81 and just wanted to see how fast they were going.

In preparation for the trip did an oil change, brake fluid flush, changed the belt. The only tools I took were those needed to change the belt, and the old one I took off.

It was plenty comfortable for wife and me, plenty of room for bags.

All in all a great road trip in a great road car.

Edited by triguy46

Hi all, i just did the same myself only i am in Holland and count in KM's - I drove to Berlin and back for the weekend ( 1250 KM) and on the autobahn i did a constant 160 km/h which worked out ok max speed was 235 km/h when i did some racing with another porsche boxster (new model) and i lost aaah.. ( but i was heavier as my girlfriend was in the car aswell ) and it seems to me my car is restricted in power for some reason ( i have the US model )... anyway no wear or tear from the car i drives even smoother now! ...

**** nothing can be my Porsche **** clapping.gif

(Photo is taken at the hotel lobby in Berlin (dont forget to tip the guy on the road! )

screenshot20101026at103.png

Edited by sliderr

Just finished taking an inlaw to brownsville TX from WI and will be flying home. 1625 miles in a 2006 Camry, man it was painful. Boy I miss my Boxster. Six states and the only other Porsche I saw was a blond in a Cayene outside of Austin TX. 80 miles an hour most of the way and averaged 26 mpg. I sure dislike Japenese cars and miss my German ones. Overboosted steering and marshmallow suspension.