Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Removed Alarm Tilt Sensor......

Hi all,

I removed my tilt sensor after my alarm kept going off for no reason at random intervals.

I had read that they fill up with water and sure enough mine had loads swishing around in it. The odd thing about it was that the water would not come out

and seemed to be fairly well sealed in there. Anyway I proceeded to smash my screwdriver through it and the liquid came out, but it did not seem like water to me.

It did not smell like water and smelled like a sort of fluid that SHOULD of been in there. It was very clean inside and the fluid chamber looked like it had baffles in there.

Can anyone confirm that these things are NOT meant to have any fluid in them?

Anyway I have tied the orange connector out of the way and now when I lock the car it gives me a single beep. Do I have to do anything with the wires to the orange connector?

Cheers

• Moderators

No clue what is inside the unit, as we do not have this alarm feature in the US. But on the UK boards they say there are problems with water getting inside due to its location next to the battery. I thought the solution was to relocate it to a dryer place such as under the seat.

No clue what is inside the unit, as we do not have this alarm feature in the US. But on the UK boards they say there are problems with water getting inside due to its location next to the battery. I thought the solution was to relocate it to a dryer place such as under the seat.

That is correct. They stopped making the one which fits by the siren, and the replacement unit fits next to the alarm module under the left handset.

• Upvote 1

Quick update.....

I removed the sensor and guess what the alarm still went off a few hours later !!!

So looks like I just destroyed a good sensor. Anyway the Porsche is due to go in to Bristol OPC on Friday so they will go through the settings with me to suit my needs.

I will get them to disable the sensor in the Module so I will not get the beep and then they will hopefully let me know what is triggering the alarm. I will update on Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, just incase this info helps anyone in the future.

OPC Bristol, disabled the tilt sensor so now no beep after locking. Also changed my central locking so it does not auto lock when above 5kmh.

They told me that the radio contact had been triggering the alarm and that they could not disable it in the options, and the wire or mechanism had to be physically isolated from GROUNDING. (Or Earthing - UK).

On getting home I removed the radio and fair enough the mechanism was untouched. I felt embarrased as I could of sworn that I had insulated it when fitting my aftermarket unit.

Anyway I proceeded to remove wire from the mechanism and wrap with electrical tape.

Now NO ALARMS!!!!!

(I still find it odd that it would go off randomly before the problem was sorted ) But there you go thats auto electrics for you !!!

Do you have any other OBD II Codes. When parked my alarm would also go off randomly. Upon checking the codes I had an Alarm Code 33. I determined that I had a faulty interior infared sensor. Replace the sensor and no more inadvertent alarms.

Sorry I did not get to see any of the codes, they just told me what was triggering the Alarm.