Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Where is it hiding?

Removing the old K40 which came in my car and so far have removed the front radar receiver and defuser, controll box and LEDs in the cockpit and all wiring between the front items and cockpit. I am now on to the back pieces and I can't find the rear radar receiver. Anybody have any ideas where to look? I have checked under the car and as much as I can see under the rear bumper.

The car is a cabrio and I have so far traced and removed the wiring up to where the rear seats meet the back all to the cabrio top.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions.

Removing the old K40 which came in my car and so far have removed the front radar receiver and defuser, controll box and LEDs in the cockpit and all wiring between the front items and cockpit. I am now on to the back pieces and I can't find the rear radar receiver. Anybody have any ideas where to look? I have checked under the car and as much as I can see under the rear bumper.

The car is a cabrio and I have so far traced and removed the wiring up to where the rear seats meet the back all to the cabrio top.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions.

The rear sensor on my 997 Turbo is located inside the rear bumper cover. Have to remove the rear cover to get to it. Usually on the side pieces so it can point back...Likely the driver's side.

Good luck.

DC

post-7561-0-23368800-1291594320_thumb.jp

Edited by therock88

Where would that be in relation to the driver's side tail light? Do you what it is mounted to in there?

It can really be anywhere,but as indicated in my picture I attached, is likely mounted (glued/ body putty/ Velcro) to the inside of the actual bumper cover (where I indicated). It will be below the tail lights and actually in the cover itself. If you look where the yellow box is in my photo, it will likely be on the inside of the cover, or mounted on the chassis right there or nearby. That is one location where there is room for the box to fit. If it is not the blue-tooth version, you can likely follow the wiring?

Either way...I think if you remove your rear bumper cover you will find it pretty easily. Won't be near any of the exhaust components to prevent damage.

Hope that helps.

DC

Edited by therock88

Where would that be in relation to the driver's side tail light? Do you what it is mounted to in there?

It can really be anywhere,but as indicated in my picture I attached, is likely mounted (glued/ body putty/ Velcro) to the inside of the actual bumper cover (where I indicated). It will be below the tail lights and actually in the cover itself. If you look where the yellow box is in my photo, it will likely be on the inside of the cover, or mounted on the chassis right there or nearby. That is one location where there is room for the box to fit. If it is not the blue-tooth version, you can likely follow the wiring?

Either way...I think if you remove your rear bumper cover you will find it pretty easily. Won't be near any of the exhaust components to prevent damage.

Hope that helps.

DC

Thanks for the information and help.

Edited by CabrioArtie