Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Howdy,

I have the camel interior fan=ventilated standard leather seats. The pilot side left flank and forward facing surface of the seat is nasty and raw. It looks scuffed and worn through without the original color where my body grazes the surface getting in and out of the car. The pax side is beggining to wear badly also. This probably is a common problem and merely cosmetic. However, I am wondering if anyone has squaked the problem to their dealer and the resoponse. This car is too expensive to have a glaring flaw like this after only 18 mo of age/ownership. I don't know if they can recondition the leather or if they have to replace the seat cover, (or seat??)'. Does anybody mind this or does it only add character? I'm taalking about the

Any similar experience out there?

Thanks!!

• 4 months later...

Same issue, same color leather. 2009 carrera S 7500 miles looks pretty bad, do not think porsche will do anything about it, although will check this week as having start problems going back to porsche again

You really need to start treating leather right away in a new car so that the leather will be more resilient. I'm a nut about taking care of my leather. Swiss wax has the best leather care. It expensive but it works. The have all the cleaning and conditioning as well as the dyes and other restoration products.

I doubt your dealer will do anything but you never know.. You can also research leather shops in your area and get their advice.

Here is a link for the Swiss wax site. http://www.swissvax....ssvax/SFNT.html

Fast Eddie,

I believe their U.S. outlet store is in South Beach so you may be able to stop buy and get some advice.

Here is their info..

Address

Swissvax USA LLC, 400 Alton Road TH-1A, Miami Beach, FL-33139, USA

Phone

(305) 219-8882

Email

sales@swissvax.us

spacer.gifspace.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

good luck

Ditto on my 2009 Carrera S. 21000 miles, Black interior. Porshce in Austin TX managed to get me one driver's seat back replacement nI had had it less than a year, but they said Porshce won't do it again and it is looking scuffed again. I have seen this on other sports cars I have had as well. My corvettes tended to do the same thing. It was explained to me the the sport type seats with the hard edge side inside the seat where it wears will cause the seat leather not to flex very much and hence the wear. The early care with the treatments spec'd by the other dude in this may work best. I was thinking about going to a local leather shop and having some sort of edge treatment or something that would absorb the entry scuff, but may not do anything.

Phil S.

I have found just by being careful how you eneter and exit the car can make a big difference on that wear of the bolster in question. I keep my seats very moisturized and pay extra attention to the entry part of the seat. I have an 07 997 TT. I bought it last year and the previuous owner took good car of the car.

It is over 4 years old now with almost 50k miles on it. The seats are nearly perfect. My dealer is always amazed in the condition of my interior.

Just two small creases in the drivers side upper and lower entry bolster. My car never sits in the sun. The sun is a killer for leather.

I'll post some pics of the interior later. If you get your seats re -done I strongly recommend the Swiss Wax leather care. The will look like new for a very long time if you do the preventative maintenance..