Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

error codes which I got from Durametric

Can anyone tell me what these mean.

This first list is from : alarm unit:

Signal from airbag

Frequency counter: 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

W lead (DME immobilizer)

Frequency counter: 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K lead

Frequency counter: 1

W lead

Frequency counter: 8

Interior sensor faulty

Frequency counter: 9

Transponder pill faulty or not

present

Frequency counter: 11

Control locking synchronization

Frequency counter: 25

Interior sensor faulty

Door lock barrel open actuated

longer than 60 s

Heating & Air Conditioning

Current Fault Codes

Combi-interface fault

Power supply (terminal 15)

fault

Footwell defr. flaps motor fault

Motronic 5.2.2

Current Fault Codes

P1602

Porsche fault code 660 - CAN timeout - instrument cluster

P1571

Porsche fault code 39 - Immobilizer

P1691

Unknown DTC: 1691

P1600

Porsche fault code 216 - CAN timeout

PSM

Well, the reason why I want to look this codes up is cause they been there for a long time... Hence I wanted to look them up. You had suggested using the Durametric which is what I did and came up with these codes. So that is why I posted them. Do you have a site for the codes. I do not have the manual for it. also I dont want to spend a ton of money at a repair shop and get ripped off when the car is worth like 9k and spend couple of grand cause its a "porsche" , I live in NYC where they like to make people spend their money over minor issues.

• Admin

All the engine codes are listed here under the DIY Menu -> OBD-II P-Codes

My point on the alarm codes is that something as simple as changing the battery can cause those. In the service manual when disconnecting or changing the battery Porsche says " scan and erase all codes". They do this because disconnecting the battery or changing the battery can cause false codes.

If you clear the codes and drive the car for a day - the codes that come back are real fault codes. I am trying to save you time and worry.

• Upvote 1

Can anyone tell me what these mean.

This first list is from : alarm unit:

Interior sensor faulty

On the alarm unit the only code that is currently present is 34. The frequency counters are the running total of each time they are present. The Durametric Tool cannot erase the counters(not sure about PST2 or PIWIS.)

Do you have any other problems. When my car was parked the car alarm would go off randomly. Upon checking the codes I had an alarm code 23. I determined that I had a faulty interior infared sensor. I replaced the sensor and no more inadvertent alarms. The frequency counter stopped counting at 4 and has been at 4 for 2 years. I also had an Alarm Code 21. For me it has never been present. I'm thinking it might have been an issue for the previous owner.

Here is a screen shot of my Durametric Screen Report just last week.

Durametric.jpg

Edited by kbrandsma

You replaced interior sensor.. Where is this part? can you give me a part # or and location for it, Thanks. My problems are that my courtesy interior lights and some of dashboard lights do not turn on at night when the headlight switch is in the on position . Also my convertible top does not move unless I have my headlight in the on position. The e-brake is up and its not the brake light switch cause it has been checked... That is why I decided to use my duramteric.

Edited by clb0099

You replaced interior sensor.. Where is this part? can you give me a part # or and location for it, Thanks. My problems are that my courtesy interior lights and some of dashboard lights do not turn on at night when the headlight switch is in the on position . Also my convertible top does not move unless I have my headlight in the on position. The e-brake is up and its not the brake light switch cause it has been checked... That is why I decided to use my duramteric.

The interior alarm sensor is part # 996.618.210.02- cost about $80.00. You can also try checking your alarm sensor. Make sure the top is up and latched (if top is down insert the red clip), put a window down, set your alarm, and then reach in your car or flash a hand around the interior to activate the infared sensors. If the sensors work your alarm horn will go off.

If you have checked your ignition switch you might want to check your main head light switch. Here is a couple links that might be useful.

Another Light Switch Electrical Problem

Switch Removal