Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Is Porsche a trustable company?

Hi! First of all i'd like to introduce myself [:)]

I am from Spain and a proud owner of a Porsche CarreraS (first version), you can see it on the photos.

4693560156_45996a70f0_z.jpg

4693564070_93c3220136_z.jpg

4693569300_778f2ce7b7_z.jpg

I am searching and trying to understand my problem all around the internet. So because here i think i will be able to find people that understands and probably knows much more than me about this topic i will expose my situation.

This car was bought with the full carbon fiber interior setup, after two years this CF peeled off from the dashboard, when i complained to Porsche they just glued it in the Porsche Center, as i am not an expert in CF i just supposed it was ok... One year and a half later this CF peeled off again but in a more agressive way (you can see that on the attached video). When i complained back to Porsche they said: sorry but you are not under warranty anymore, so if you want to repair it please pay 7500€.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkq_TkENLfY

I found that amazing from a brand such as Porsche, and obviously considering the amount of money that car costed to me. After complaining a lot i still cannot find the way they can hear me and help me solve this problem. I would like to know if someone else in this forum had this problem and if they did how did they manage to solve it.

I know i am not from England but we are all Porsche enthusiats, or at least i was, so hopefully someone here will be able to help me to find out the way to solve this... That is a big ammount of money for a manufacure problem i cannot understand.

The heat is not a normal reason because this car is supposed to be driven everywere at anytime, not just in antartic weather were the sun does not damage the car... at least this is my thought. And this car has always been parked in a closed parking lot, never in the street, never.

Hopefully you can help me

Thanks for your patience!

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. It's too bad that some Porsche dealers treat their customers so badly. I would contact Porsche directly and tell them your story. Make sure to include all details such as where you parked the car etc. Pictures and service history will also help. The more details the better. Be patient but persistant.. I'm not sure what number you call in Spain.. I'm sure your dealer can give it to you or it may be in your manual.

Please keep us updated.

Good luck!

ha-ha, in the US they actually do something because they are scared to get sued. in Europe they couldn't care less. if you get something out of them consider yourself lucky. my own experience - as car came out of warranty pressure plate cracked at 20k miles. (Mrs Daisy driving). ok, things happen and I asked Porsche if they care to help with a clear manufacturers defect on a 2 year old car. The answer I got from Porsche technical department (Stuttgart) is what really impressed me. They said that while car was under warranty I changed clutch myself and installed it incorrectly which led to pressure plate splitting. ... I know the clutch I had was the original one and I wish I was able to change it myself but I couldn't so they only way I interpreted that response is :" Go enjoy yourself" Hope you have better luck.

Edited by SA321

ha-ha, in the US they actually do something because they are scared to get sued. in Europe they couldn't care less. if you get something out of them consider yourself lucky. my own experience - as car came out of warranty pressure plate cracked at 20k miles. (Mrs Daisy driving). ok, things happen and I asked Porsche if they care to help with a clear manufacturers defect on a 2 year old car. The answer I got from Porsche technical department (Stuttgart) is what really impressed me. They said that while car was under warranty I changed clutch myself and installed it incorrectly which led to pressure plate splitting. ... I know the clutch I had was the original one and I wish I was able to change it myself but I couldn't so they only way I interpreted that response is :" Go enjoy yourself" Hope you have better luck.

Welcome to the dissapointed Porsche owners club...

The door sill plate gets a lot of damage. It is so easy

to drag your feet when you are trying to get into

the seat fast because of an approaching car.

I would try some real good glue. There is a glue

they sell in Home Depot's in America that is called

Gorilla glue.

Good luck with your door sill.

Paul

Paul,

Did you even read MrPorsche87's rant? When did he speak about a door sill issue? lol :clapping:

MrPorsche87,

This is unacceptable! I would think its the glue they used to glue it that made the CF do that in the heat - never the less I have personal experience in dealing with Porsche directly and they are very reasonable. Definitely contact them, better yet send them to this post!

Tekky

Gorilla glue.

Paul

Welcome to the dissapointed Porsche owners club...

I am not disappointed simply because I have low expectations. After I had major problem (coolant pipes and scorched cylinder walls) on my Cayenne which is only 20k miles I stopped believing all this "German quality", "customer care" nonsense which is fairytale for showroom sales pitches.

They have smart business model - people who matter (buy new) who drive cars up to 3-4 years old on average put low mileage and whoever buys a car after that plays lottery but who cares? (look at IMS in 996, scorched cylinder walls in Cayennes). How many manufacturers are in business which have engines with major problems under 60k miles? well, apart from Lada

Gorilla glue.

Paul

You need to be careful when using this glue as it expands and foams out from the surface you're gluing. You need to watch it and clean it up as it oozes out from the surface. But it is stronger than heck!

i have been contacting with them for a long time before starting this research/complain over the internet, trying to be reasonable with them and making them understand this is not a problem i would create by myself. Buy they just stay in the same position as: this is a heat problem, nothing we can do.

This is the kind of behaviour i wouldn't expect form a company like Porsche.

thanks for your help!

the most frustrating part not the fact that they dont repair/replace clear manufacturing defects or treat customers (outside USA) as dirt it is the fact that they continue produce cars with the same defects. that is why you can have toyota engine with 200k miles but almost never porsche. i am not talking about small repairs which is a totally different game(the amount of small F£$%ups Porsche has is incredible)

Edited by SA321

German quality is a myth. Its not the same old Porsche a.g. it once was. The Germans build crap now days & it is only getting worse. I know,I have worked on these cars for 33 years now & the quality has taken a nose dive since the 993's with Porsche & the E46's with BMW.

Howard