Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Aftermarket brake pads?

Hello,

Has anybody experimented with aftermarket brake pads?

I am currently using the original ones from Porsche and they have done very good at the track and during daily driving. However, the dust A LOT!!

I was wondering if there is something out that that:

1) brakes better

2) gives a better brake feel

3) do not squeaks as much

4) last but not least, does not DUST AS MUCH

What about that Green Stuff or BHP?

Comments, ideas?

I changed out my front and rear pads, with the frount I went with Pagid street pads (Black) versions.

These were purchased from http://www.the-best-source.com/ for a wapping $113 a set.

Porsche Pn 996 351 939 16 Pagid # N1010-87967

The rear pads I went with Porsche stock brand through Suncoast Motorsports www.e-partssales.com for 94.41 per set.

Porsche Pn 996-352-939-03

All and all with about 5000 miles on these pads seem to be performing well. The condition of the brake disc is what will really help make your pads last if you change them out if they are questionable. The cost of Brake disc's has really come down in price, I picked up a set of zimmerman cross drilled rotor for the front for like $105 each.

The after market rotors are same as the stock ones from Porsche with the exception of the Rotor Hat not being painted, which I painted my self. Porsche paints the rotor hat so the rust doesnt show being just bare metal.

I picked thes up at http://www.eurowebparts.com/default.asp?ur...che/default.htm for like clost to $105 ea. for the fronts.

Good luck what ever you decide, the most determing facotr is how much track time you will really have, because if you only track the car once or twich a year the extra money for race pads is a waste. Just one guys opinion.

D Man