Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Problem after reflash

I just had my ecu reflashed on my 2004 996tt, 6sp. The car pulls a lot stronger. However, there's a hesitation/sputtering right around 4500RPM in 2nd, 3rd &4th gear. I then loaded the stock tune back in and it's running fine. Could my tune be too aggressive?? or do I need to upgrade the plugs or coil packs? I saw 1.1bar and holds at 1 constantly. Does anyone have expenerience with this?? Thanks

Edited by nosturbo

Higher cylinder pressures ect you have more loading at the higher tune. If you have the original factory Beru plugs or they haven't been replaced in the last 20 - 25k I bet it's that and/or coilpacks. I'd do both.

could my tune be too aggressive?? I put 5 gallons of 110 racing fuel in the car tonight. It helped a little bit, it stopped hestating/sputtering in 4th gear, and didn't sputter as bad in 3rd.

I don't think Vivid would have given you an inappropriate tune if you stated your car was otherwise stock. Go back to basics, we have 7 - 8 year old cars the new tune will place greater demands on all the parts, they better be in the best shape. Areas to look at in these cars are plugs, coils, MAF, bypass valves, boost hoses. By adding 110 octane all your doing is changing the speed of burn of the fuel, altering the timing needs.

Get the car on Durametrics if you can.

But importantly change the Plugs. Sounds like they dont like the higher boost. Gap could be well worn, which could explain your problem.

Frank

I have a durametrics cable. Do I plug it in the ODB port and the computer while I drive the car??? Sorry I am pretty new to this.

But importantly change the Plugs. Sounds like they dont like the higher boost. Gap could be well worn, which could explain your problem.

Frank

I have a durametrics cable. Do I plug it in the ODB port and the computer while I drive the car??? Sorry I am pretty new to this.

Hi,

I assume its a genuine Durametrics cable, so you should have the disc and loaded it onto your lap top.

So yes, open up Durametrics, enable logging, shut down Durametrics and then re-open again.

Take the car for a run do pulls from idle in 2nd, 3rd and 4th. You should really take to car to the red line but I know that would mean exceeding the speed limit in 3rd by a long way so do what you are comfortable and ultimately safe doing.

Without taking the car for a runThings that could show up in codes are cylinder misfire, lambda problem codes etc, you wont have to drive it to find them they will already be logged in the computer from your previous drive/problem.

Things you could log driving ( with a passenger as a helper) are boost pressure, revs, lambda for bank 1 & 2, ignition angle, IAT's, engine load.

Post up any codes you have.

Frank.

ps I must say to be fair to the tuner have you talked to them about the problem??

Edited by Sunnyside

Frank

Hi,

I assume its a genuine Durametrics cable, so you should have the disc and loaded it onto your lap top.

So yes, open up Durametrics, enable logging, shut down Durametrics and then re-open again.

Take the car for a run do pulls from idle in 2nd, 3rd and 4th. You should really take to car to the red line but I know that would mean exceeding the speed limit in 3rd by a long way so do what you are comfortable and ultimately safe doing.

Without taking the car for a runThings that could show up in codes are cylinder misfire, lambda problem codes etc, you wont have to drive it to find them they will already be logged in the computer from your previous drive/problem.

Things you could log driving ( with a passenger as a helper) are boost pressure, revs, lambda for bank 1 & 2, ignition angle, IAT's, engine load.

Frank.

ps I must say to be fair to the tuner have you talked to them about the problem??

No Cel, code and check engine light what so ever. I just thought that if the plugs were bad, there would be some kind of code pop up.

I did talk to the tuner, the person that's familar with the matter was not available(late Friday afternoon) This thread is not about to bring any negative impact to their reputation. I just simply hope to fix the porblem ASAP. Also, hope that future customers would know what to do when these kind of problems arise.

Edited by nosturbo

Frank

Hi,

Frank.

No Cel, code and check engine light what so ever. I just thought that if the plugs were bad, there would be some kind of code pop up.

I did talk to the tuner, the person that's familar with the matter was not available(late Friday afternoon) This thread is not about to bring any negative impact to their reputation. I just simply hope to fix the porblem ASAP. Also, hope that future customers would know what to do when these kind of problems arise.

From what I have learned so far about these cars, if the plugs are worn, there is very rarely cel codes unless the misfire is bad enough for the ecu to register it. I still think plugs could be the problem. But know doubt you will post the outcome when you find out.

Frank

Frank

• 3 weeks later...