Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Clutch Issues with 2010 Boxster

I recently purchased a 2010 CPO Boxster and too often when I try to start it, it prompts me with a warning that I need to depress the clutch. Well, if I were to depress the clutch pedal any further, I would have to drive it through the floor pans! I have tried various methods including taking the key out completely, changing gears, putting into neutral and even rolling the car a bit before trying again. Is this a common issue that I need to take into the dealer and have it adjusted? Just not sure if there is a secret way of starting this thing that I have yet to discover. Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

Check, in first place, if there is no carpet in the way between the pedal and the floor, there can be no complete pedal stroke performed. If not, a switch problem/adjustment could be the culprit.

Check, in first place, if there is no carpet in the way between the pedal and the floor, there can be no complete pedal stroke performed. If not, a switch problem/adjustment could be the culprit.

Great point. Nothing underneath it. I think it's off to the shop.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the clutch micro-switch replace twice in the last year. Pushing the clutch all the way to the floor seems to cause the switch to fail rather quickly. If you slowly press the clucth in you will hear a click. That is as far was you need to go. Any more and you are just compressing the switch. I have been told you can simply pry the contact back but have not tried this as it was under warranty and they just replaced it no questions asked. Good Luck

Edited by jesiv

The failure of the 'Clutch Interlock Switch' is becoming a more common fault. I also had this fail on my 2008 Boxster S. The good news it is a simple switch replacement and the switch went intermittent rather than totally failing so I was able to get to a dealer.

• 1 year later...

Dealership just performed a recall on my '09 Boxster S ... replaced the clutch switch. Service manager told me the switch fails preventing engine start. (Sorry if you're reading this twice -- I also posted in 986 forum)