Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Urgent help needed - Radiator drain

Started the coolant pipe replacement today. Got the belly pan off and radiator support/guard and no sign of a drain plug in the radiator. I am looking at two black rubber tubes which go into an aluminum housing with two metal tubes coming out of it but no plug top or bottom and nothing in the radiator itself. The rubber tubes look to be a compression fit with a screw holding a "keeper" plate over the top of them. I cant believe it has taken two hours and I dont even have a drained radiator! The only thing I can think of is that something has been replaced with a non-oem part. This is a 2006 TT.....

Desperate in Florida

Unfortunately, I ran out of time and had to put it back together again. On the far right and bolted to the bottom of the rad, two rubber tubes that look like power steering hoses go into an aluminim housing, the other end disappear along the side of the motor. On the other side of the aluminum housing, two metal pipes are bolted on and they curve around and disappear behind the radiator. I looked into PET and I think this is a thermostat and carries oil to cool the Tiptronic unit in the transmission.

Strangely enough, thogh PET says it covers 2003 to 2006, the section on draining the rad only goes to 2005. I suspect that this radiator does not have the petcock. I will try again next weekend I have free but will have to release the coolant from either the thermostat housing or one of the hoses.

Many thanks

PKN

Problem solved - the 2006 Cayenne TT does not have a radiator drain fitted !!! My Porsche dealership tells me they are only on the car up to 2005. The tech said pull the bottom hose - easy when you have a lift, messy when you dont. I asked for a price to replace the coolant pipes if I supply the kit - answer $1300 for the turbo and $1000 for non-turbo at $100/hr. I will call a local indy tomorrow to get a price but I think I will take care of it. I would rather spend the money on a window A/C unit for the garage

PKN