Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

New Clutch Information?

Looking for advice on clutch replacement please

MY 2001 TT

I at 23500 miles and my clutch slipped today when I was driving hard. I am prepared but wanted some advice on replacement. My car has ecu "flash" with exhaust-DV and Boost hoses its running around 525hp plus, very reliable. I like the feel of stock clutch especially since replacing accumulator last year. However, looking for something that might handle the horse power and last longer then stock might considering upgrades. I dont launch my car, drive it harder in corners than straight line. Can I put a GT clutch on car without changing fly wheel. Do lighten fly wheels create issue with normal shifting or make noise from tranny? Simply want to make a moderate reliable upgrade, maintain stock clutch feel.

Thanks

Since your stock clutch lasted 10 years, it seems you should just stick with it. I went with the Sachs stage 2 GT3RS clutch w/LWFW some time ago (Kevin's package) to handle the increase in HP. I have been happy with its performance, but there is chatter you can hear when at idle. You could also just upgrade the clutch without changing the flywheel. There are many options.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ross

I want to just upgrade clutch, i dont want to get into the flywheel etc. I can manage the power increase and make clutch last and like feel of stock clutch. With that being said I cant find anyone who will give me info on just clutch without trying to sell me a fly wheel and more. Who is Kevin and what is his company?

Thank you

Thanks Ross

I want to just upgrade clutch, i dont want to get into the flywheel etc. I can manage the power increase and make clutch last and like feel of stock clutch. With that being said I cant find anyone who will give me info on just clutch without trying to sell me a fly wheel and more. Who is Kevin and what is his company?

Thank you

Kevin Matwichuk owns ultimate motorwerks. He is quite knowledgable on our turbos. Give him a call.