Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Navtech CD for Colorado - 2002 996 Carrera

You may find one but it won't be up to date. Porsche stopped providing or contracting with NavTech to update the PCM1 disks years ago. Too bad Porsche did not continue to support the systems, but as far back as 2005 they stopped. And going directly to NavTech won't help as they have not updated the compatible disks independently. After market system in the dash in combo with a radio is one option. A couple of years ago I bought a Garmin GPS which is (was) great, but I don't bother updating that anymore ($60+ very year or so) as my cell phone has a Google GPS map that is basically updated everyday.

I have PCM1.0 and I'm running a 2010 disc from an Opel/Vauxhall.

The procedure is as follows; you first need the official Porsche 2002-1 CD as this contains a software update to the navi.

Second, you'll need the actually updated maps from a Vauxhal / Opel dealer or friend with them.

Disclaimer: I only know of these discs for europe and I myself only have the disc for Scandinavia. I'm not even sure Vauxhal has maps for the US, but someone else might be better qualified to answer these questions. (EDIT: I forgot; Richard Hamilton is on this board. He is by far the most qualified to answer these questions that I know of and helped me getting my setup running. Very helpful and friendly guy.)

And for the record; 2010 maps in the old PCM1.0 works well, but ANY current generation navi system will walk miles around it. But it works and now I allways have an updated, working navi with me :-).

Edited by Newfarm