Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PN serach for "Regeneration Valve from Throttle Body for Fuel Vapo

smak

Hi,

I am driving a 1999 C4 Conv.

Recently read a solution from the " Difficult to start " forum about resolving the issue by replacing trhe purge valve from the engine bay.

I've done some resarch online but still not 100% .

The description should be " Regeneration Valve from Throttle Body for Fuel Vapor System ". The one located above the alternator according to the forum.

Part numbers that I found and uncertain are:

996 110 129 52 M100 ?

996 110 129 06 M100 ?

996 110 129 05 M100 ?

thanks in advance,

Simon

• 10 months later...

Hi Simon, I believe your looking for part # 996-110-129-53: http://www.koperformance.com/catalog/POR/1999/7226-Carrera-C-4-996-/F2/7251-Fuel-Vapor-Canister-Purge-Valve.html

I am also in the middle of a hard to start fix myself. It starts right up cold but is difficult when hot. I'm actually replacing the shut off valve (part # 996 605 201 01) 1st since it's easier to get to. It's under the front right fender by the EVAP canister so all you have to do is remove the wheel liner vs. the part # 996 110 129 53 mentioned above, the Regeneration Valve from Throttle Body for Fuel Vapor System, that includes the EVAP canister purge valve, which is underneath & is connected to the intake manifold.

Be sure to shop around for pricing. I just posted that link for quick reference. You can find some good used parts too (under 30k miles) for 1/2 the cost of new...

I hope this helps

I had a had start issue after fueling and did the Regeneration Valve change which solved the problem immediately. I did go with the Pelican one. I did find they were called different things depending on where you looked. I took the forum advice and stuck with the Regeneration name and sourced it.