Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have an issue driving me crazy on my new 2012 Cayenne S that I hope someone can help me with. The car is equipped with Entry & Drive and Comfort Memory. I always use key#1 and I have no problem storing all my settings to either button 1 or 2. I have selected the option for Easy Entry. When I leave the car, the steering wheel moves upwards and the seat moves back. When I re-enter the car, the wheel moves back and seat moves but not to the exact position it was in when I left the car. The only way to go back to the original position is to push and hold the memory button#1. According to Storing Vehicle Settings in the manual, the settings should be automatically stored on the key when the doors are locked so that when I reenter the car, the wheel and seat move back to the stored position. Also, the off button is not illuminated on the door. Is there something that needs to be done in the car or on or to the key to store the seats position to the key? It doesn't make sense that I would need to push the memory button each time to return to the correct driving position. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

Since the car is under full warranty (2012) i would visit the dealer for a check with PIWIS 2, could be a program error or a control box fail. Certainly not self-experimenting with during the warranty period.

• 1 month later...

I hear you on this. Your dealer should be able to tell you how to get around this. I have a 2012 cayenne ctt. I decided that I would just set it up so that it did not move the seat or steering wheel when I turned it off. If you are the primary driver, then not a problem . Also I wonder how long the seat and steering wheel motors will last if always moving back and forth. I know that the warrenty is for 4 years and the miles; but I suspect that most of us are going to be keeping these things for some time. just a thought. Sometimes the car manufacturers seem to make things overly complex. It has been somewhat a challenge to get through all the manuals; but it has been a good challenge to keep the brain sharp. On the negative side, you can surely waste a bunch of time trying to figure it out.