Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Tire/wheel fit not firmest...couldn't edit in time!

I apologize up front if this question is über newbie. My 2000 C2 came with aftermarket 19" rims. I recently replaced the tires all around...taking the sizes directly off the old tires. There is now a small gap between the rim and tire...if that makes sense. So, I am looking at new rims since I don't like the current ones and need to figure out the offset to order based on the tire size. I don't want to have that gap.

My tire sizes are:

Rear: 275/30zr19

Front: 235/35zr19

Edited by Porsche Pilot

Hi there, welcome aboard the Porsche owner train. My advice is to fit some stock wheels with Porsche approved N-rated tyres. If you want the looks then fit the M030 ROW of world suspension pack (costs about £600 in the UK), a set of 18" Porsche Wheels (the largest available for the 996, 285 at the back and 225 at the front - they sell on ebay as well) and Porsche approved N-rated tyres (not all tyre manufacturers sell these, but the main ones do). You could also fit 5mm spacers front and back to fill out the wheel arches. Finally, get a good wheel/tyre place to balance the tyres correctly and do a full geometry alignment. Goto the www.porsche.co.uk and search for the Tequipment Catalogue for the 996 and this will all be in there with photo's. All Porsche Main dealers can order in the parts.

I took me 2 years and about £6,000 to get my Carrera 2003 model to how I wanted it (pure OEM) so enjoy the ride!! It's addictive.

1. I think the tire issue you are refering to is a matter of different tire manufactures are actually different widths. One 275 will fill a rim out better than another company 275 tire. As far as the offset you are refering to it is a matter of the rim width not the tire size you would be using. Meaning that a 10" rim would have a differnt offset than a 11" wheel. The diameter does not matter. I would call Campion Porsche or HRE wheels to get recomendation about offsets and rim sizes for your car.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Now sure if the image came through as I am struggling to upload a photo. My car has had 5mm spacers fitted with painted 18" Alloys (polished rim) and lowered sports suspension (M030 ROW 10mm lower pack). All Porsche parts, this will hopefully give you an idea of the look of a car with the mods you are looking to do.

Hope this helps

post-59552-0-01334300-1327630086_thumb.j