Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.
Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org
- View Classified Ads
- DIY Tutorials
- Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
- VIN Decoder
- Special Offers
OBD II P-Codes
- Paint Codes
- Videos System
- View Reviews
- and get rid of this welcome message
It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE
Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)
- No ads - advertisements are removed
- Access the Contributors Only Forum
- Contributing Members Only Downloads
- Send attachments with PMs
- All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
- Option Codes Lookup
- VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Not been on this site for years - just got back to Porsche ownership - 2011 Boxster S.
Only done a few miles so far, but it looks and sounds great, especially compared with my diesel main car.
The original owner ordered lots of options, but not everything I would prefer. So, I need to know if it's possible / easy / expensive to fit the following:
1) Ability to disable / enable the passenger airbag so a child seat can be fitted from time-to-time. Is it possible to fit an aftermarket switch?
2) The car has PCM 3 (with extended nav) but no bluetooth, aux or usb. Is there a way to upgrade PCM 3 or is it best to have an after market system fitted? (Odd that these were options when the actual components cost a few pence!)
Thanks for your suggestions
I've searched the forum and couldn't find an answer and am posting here for your help. Let me know if this isn't the right place for this question.
I'm searching for my first 911 and am confused about the headlights. On one 911 targa (2002) the options sticker does not list Litronic headlights but the owner and ppi shop said it does. Another 2002 targa lists the option on the sticker.
Do some 2002s have Litronic/bi-xenon headlights as standard equipment?
We have added two new sections to the Option Codes Lookup
- Boxster 981 (Model year 2012 - )
The Boxster (981) has 573 options. Please remember that not all options are available in all countries.
And, that these descriptions are exactly as shown in the options database - misspelled words or odd abbreviations are "as is".