Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PCM2.1 on PCM2.0 car, would audio work?

Hi guys,

My 04CTT PCM2.0 (with fiber optic BOSE) decided to stop working again. traced to board level, found a shorted capacitor and a filter transformer. still not working.

I would like to get a PCM2.1 unit since 2.0 ones are hard to find now. and this is the second 2.0 that I replaced. I doubt there might be some design issue with 2.0 ones.

only question here:

from my understanding, the GPS function would not work since 2.1 is DVD rather than 2.0CD

but would everything else, eg. audio. trip computer work? I do not really care about the GPS function but I want my radio back.

thanks guys!

I believe my CS 2005 is PCM2.1. I know the 2004 wasn't DVD and PCM shares the CD slot with audio & map cd. 2005 started to have DVD map and a separate DVD drive is under the front passenger seat.

thanks guys for the response.

I called the local dealer today. the parts guy told me I will have to install the DVD drive under the passenger seat and lots of wiring. and will take a lot of time to do it.

I know people did that themself and wired the whole thing and it worked.

to me, I just need the audio part working. and I do not want to do any extensive rewiring.

also he mentioned that all the interfaces are different, which I highly doubted. the only visual difference I noticed between photoes of 2.0 and 2.1 are just the GPS module at the bottom. I mean why would Porsche design the whole thing again just to use a DVD drive instead of CD?

I will try it anyways. will keep you guys updated. should be an interesting topic.

Edited by royxaxa