Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi guys

Am planning to pick up a used cayenne 2006 done about 40,000kms here in India.

The roads here are bad so the cars are usually hit up bad.

I test drove it and being not a very technical person I had some queries:

1) when i pull the handbrake release the light does not go off, then I had to manually pull the handbrake out and then the light disappeared...is it an easy fix or a major issue?

2) there is a yellow light on which shows an exclamation mark which constantly remains on?? What does that mean?

3) The gear shift seemed a little lethargic....and a bit jerky?? Is that normal in a 2006 model??

What other things should I look for in a used cayenne? as in engine, suspension etc.

The interiors were dirty, need cleaning, is it easy to clean up leathers and dashboard.....we dont have professional companies here doing it so what is the best way to clean it.

the driver seat would not go completely back.is it an easy fix?

thanks a ton in advance.

Hi wirkdoc,

1. There is some shock spring which help to put beck handbrake pedal, its probably gone bad, so it has to be changed with new one, which is really cheap.

2. This one tels you that is something wrong with PSM (porsche stability management). I could be lot of things, and you will not know that until you won't read fallout codes.

3.Most common problem in Cayennes is transmission valve body. This one causes rough shifting when is bad.

But this is just guessing. You must connect car to diagnostic and see what is going on.

I think, that Cayennes are good and reliable car, but only if it's maintained right, If not you could mayor problems. So I hope it has know service history.

Which engine it is?

Does it have air suspension?

Engine is a 3.2L V6, umm I dont know if it has air suspension? How to find out? I know its a funny question.....Also the steering adjustment is manual....Its with a dealer and the dealer also doesnt know if its an air suspension.

I don't know much about these engines in Cayenne, for my taste, is underpowered.

Before gearshift lever you have buttons for air suspension adjustment, so if don't have those buttons, then don' have air suspension.

Look at pictures and you'll see.

post-84890-0-61524900-1358263594.jpg

post-84890-0-09714100-1358263604.jpg