Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

My car originally came with regular seats with heat and memory. I switched them to the GT3 seats. During the seat recall. the dealer gave me the sports seat with heated option by mistake. I switched those back into my car instead of the GT3 seats. But with all 1 plugs pluged in( there are 2 plugs on the car that has nothing to plug into on the new seats which I left out.) The power seat back on the driver side does not work.. Heat works on both sides and power seat back only works on the passenger side.

Is there a difference in the connector between the Memory seats and the sport seats or did I get a bad seat? Is there a simple mod I can do to make it work or should I just let my dealer do the job?

Peter

Thanks for any information you guys might be able to give me.

Edited by peterc4c

• 1 month later...

Peter, Your new seat is (probably) fine. The juice you need to power your new driver's seat is going to one of the two connectors that you refer to (that used to plug into your old seats).

If you look at your two unusable connectors (that come from the car and used to plug into your old seat), one is a 26 pin connector. This is for your memory buttons and mirrors. Set it to the side (it won't help you). The other connector is a 2pin+3pin+3pin connector. If you look at the section with just the 2 connectors (these are the largest connectors), you will see one red and one brown connection. The red is hot 30 amp and the brown is ground. (Let's call this connector "1").

If you now look at the connector on the bottom of the seat (that comes from the seat), you will see that the connector has a heavy red wire and a heavy brown wire in the big pins 1 and 4. The red needs power and the brown needs ground (from the car). Let's call this connector 2.

Now, if you look at the connector (connector 3) from the car that plugs into the seat connector (connector 2), you will see that there are no pins that match to the red and brown wires in connector 2. This is your problem. You can fix this by bridging the red and brown wires between connection 1 and 3. This can be accomplished either by splicing the wires or using briding wire with the proper connectors. The later option will maintain the ability to re-install original style seats in the car.

You can get the connectors for the connector 2 side of you jumper from porsche and the connectors for the connector 1 side from any electrical shop.

GA