Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Anyone from Northern California know of a reputable soft top repair sh

My rear window is yellowing pretty bad and noticed that theres one little area that is coming apart and would like to know if its possible to replace it with a glass window using my exisiting top. Top is excellent condition minus the rear window and the zipper area that is somewhat coming apart.

Ill even settle for ordering one online or anywhere else that is reasonably priced and installing it myself or though a shop depending on how hard it is to do. Anything to help with costs would be ideal but dont want to open a can of worms saving a bit here and there and causing more issues!!!

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

I recently replaced the top on my Boxster S. I had the same window yellowing issue, and the only way to address the issue (at least on the Boxster) is to remove the top and sew in a new window. Why? Because otherwise the window won't be tight when you put the top up and you'll have 'wrinkles' in the window.

I ended up just buying a new top, since the majority of cost is in the labor. I bought the top online at topsonline.com for $400 or so. I had the top installed at mrstitch.com - in San Mateo. He did a beautiful job. I looked at several and he seemed the best; the results were great.

Good luck.