Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Ouch! that hurt...what was that?

I have a 08 CTT. I was driving home last nite and suddenly I feel something REALLY hot on my right foot. (I was wearing running shoes) When I got home I checked my right shoe and sure enough it is wet. Then I felt around the the carpet of the driver side sidewall (center console) and there was a warm water trail that I couldn't exactly figure out where it was coming from. I decided to check the same exact spot on passenger side and found a similar trail. So, is this a A/C drainage issue? (I turned on the A/C today and it worked fine) Or is it something else? My car is still under warranty so I'm wondering if I should bring it in. Insights and suggestions are appreciated.

If you are under warranty I'd suggest you make an appointment today. Sonnen Marin (I see you are in the SF Bay Area) are solid. I had A/C water drip over my accelerator foot a few years ago (I have an '04 S) -- and the cause was the drain plug on the passenger side foot well was blocked and overflowed -- a few threads here cover it. And what's odd is the drip felt really hot to my foot but it was actually quite cold. The human nervous system has strange reactions. By the time I stopped and took a look the water on the carpet felt warm to the touch because, by then, it was indeed warm.

bigbuzuki

no, it didnt smell like coolant. It was water, I'm pretty sure.

odix

when I checked the carpet it also felt warm. who knows. I will probably call my dealer, Carlsen to get it checked out as you suggest- since it is under warranty.

Edited by TurboLove

So I called my service adviser at Carlsen and explained what I described above. He immediately said it was the A/C drain plug that was likely blocked or kinked. Since I have a CPO warranty, I expected it to be covered. He told me that this service would not be covered under the warranty.

Anyone help me to clarify if this is correct? I don't want to go against what the dealer advisor states but just in case I have something to back up my warranty claim would be helpful. (I'm bringing in the pig next Friday.)

Edited by TurboLove