Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Air suspension trouble (Level control)

Hi,

I am Maarten from Amsterdam, NL. I drive a 2003 Cayenne turbo that has a faulty air suspension. I had the yellow "airsuspension faulty" message a couple of times over the last two years but now the car "lies on the floor" with a red airsuspension warning.

Compressor is not running, when I connect the spare tire hose: no pressure either. When I bench-test the compressor directly it runs fine. At that point I decided I need a diagnostics computer and bought a Durametric kit.

I get the following error messages from the Level Control module:

2250 (valve operating time exceeded, upper limit value exceeded)

1575 (manual control switched of)

778 (steering angle sensor, No signal/communication)

[Cornering lights do not work either]

1487 (System function test faulty, Implausible signal)

1772 (Signal lead for pressure sensor, Implausible signal)

When I try to read the actual values, I see things like compressor temperature and Compressor relay (off). I also read "System Status Number Control Mode" which reads 4010. "Deviation from normal level" and "absolute vehicle heights" also show plausible numbers.

Battery is in good shape.

When I scroll further down, there are many signals that do not show any values and that seems strange to me: "Accumulator pressure", "Terminal 15" all stay blank. Maybe these are simply not supported by Durametric?

Any tips? Where is the pressure sensor located (related to 1772)?

Can I start the compressor manually to fill the system? I know the Porsche tester can fill/bleed the Level Control System

Thanks in advance,

Maarten

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I am Maarten from Amsterdam, NL. I drive a 2003 Cayenne turbo that has a faulty air suspension. I had the yellow "airsuspension faulty" message a couple of times over the last two years but now the car "lies on the floor" with a red airsuspension warning.

Compressor is not running, when I connect the spare tire hose: no pressure either. When I bench-test the compressor directly  it runs fine. At that point I decided I need a diagnostics computer and bought a Durametric kit.

I get the following error messages from the Level Control module:

2250 (valve operating time exceeded, upper limit value exceeded)

1575 (manual control switched of)

778  (steering angle sensor, No signal/communication)

[Cornering lights do not work either]

1487 (System function test faulty, Implausible signal)

1772 (Signal lead for pressure sensor, Implausible signal)

When I try to read the actual values, I see things like compressor temperature and Compressor relay (off). I also read "System Status Number Control Mode" which reads 4010. "Deviation from normal level" and "absolute vehicle heights" also show plausible numbers.

Battery is in good shape.

When I scroll further down, there are many signals that do not show any values and that seems strange to me: "Accumulator pressure", "Terminal 15" all stay blank. Maybe these are simply not supported by Durametric?

Any tips? Where is the pressure sensor located (related to 1772)?

Can I start the compressor manually to fill the system? I know the Porsche tester can fill/bleed the Level Control System

Thanks in advance,

Maarten

This is an old post, but I recently had a similar issue.

With Durametric you will go to the coding tab for the Level Function and calibrate... The sensor which does not accept your coding is the sensor which is bad....

• 8 months later...