Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Fault code P0234, any advice?

Identified a "0234" fault code today... "Turbo - Super Charger Overboost condition".

Did a search on this forum and came up empty on results.

The car runs good without hesitation upon acceleration and no odd behaviour.

I did have a CEL diagnosed by the dealer as 0491 and 0492 relating to SAI system but I'm not sure if the two are related, any ideas what I might be up against?

Online search reveals the following...

OBD Code P0234refers to

The PCM disables (bypasses) the supercharger boost and sets a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) to keep from damaging the powertrain (engine or transmission) during potential harmful operating conditions.

Symptoms

Possible sumptoms of OBD code P0234

- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)

Causes

Possible causes of OBD code P0234

- Brake torque (brake on and throttle at wide open). - Transmission oil temperature (TOT) exceeds calibrated threshold. - Engine over temperature. - Ignition misfire exceeds the calibrated threshold. - Knock sensor (KS) failure

Possible Solutions

Check for other diagnostic trouble codes accompanying P0234, or check appropriate and available PIDs related to the above possible causes.

Hey hey Mike!!! Welcome to Renntech. I already mention on Rennlist that I am suspecting one of the sense line coming to or going from the N75 valve also called by Porsche cycle valve or timing valve. After you removed the airbox and also the intake assembly (not a big job) you will found a lot of small black sense lines. Look closely to see if they are attach properly in every position and has far you can see. Going to the right towards the recirculation air pump and also to the N75 valve. This is a grey small plastic rectangular box with sense line going to it and also an electrical plug. It is located just below the fuel cooler. See pictures for help....Remember you can get the repair manual for the TT on 6speed if you need direction for the removal of the airbox or the intake: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/228714-ok-guys-here-link-shop-manuals.html

post-29683-0-78236900-1371602989_thumb.j

post-29683-0-41505600-1371603000_thumb.j

post-29683-0-83260500-1371603671_thumb.j

post-29683-0-65345500-1371604640_thumb.j

Edited by jpflip

Mike, if your are driving your Porsche we can look at it together!!! You are welcome at home anytime or I can meet you in a bar!!! First time in Montreal?

Love Montreal, have been coming each year for many years on pleasure. Downtown and old Montreal, Hotel St. James, Queen Elizabeth, The Beaver Club, Gibby's and the cafes in little Italy, love it all. Missed the race this year but should be in town in early September for labor day if not before.

Would enjoy meeting you, if you are in the Niagara area or passing through be sure to let me know?

Thank you again for you help,

Stay well,

Mike

Welcome and thanks for the offer Mike! Anxious to see the outcome of your fault code, stay in touch! J.P.

You should take a walk on Mt Royal street and St Denis street, full of Café, bars and amazing restaurant. Also full of french canadian with strange accent but that's another story... :cheers:

Edited by jpflip

Welcome and thanks for the offer Mike! Anxious to see the outcome of your fault code, stay in touch! J.P.

You should take a walk on Mt Royal street and St Denis street, full of Café, bars and amazing restaurant. Also full of french canadian with strange accent but that's another story... :cheers:

Just stay clear of Wicked Wandas and Chez Paris...LOL

Welcome and thanks for the offer Mike! Anxious to see the outcome of your fault code, stay in touch! J.P. You should take a walk on Mt Royal street and St Denis street, full of Café, bars and amazing restaurant. Also full of french canadian with strange accent but that's another story... :cheers:

Are you kidding me, these clubs have a level of sophistication unmatched, where else can you drink beer and shout while enjoying the ballet?

OH MY GOD!!! Wross you went to "Chez Paré" Ahahah that's funny!!!!! And also Wicked Wandas!!! Too funny but obviously part of Montreal nightlife...Of course I never went there... :rolleyes:

Welcome and thanks for the offer Mike! Anxious to see the outcome of your fault code, stay in touch! J.P. You should take a walk on Mt Royal street and St Denis street, full of Café, bars and amazing restaurant. Also full of french canadian with strange accent but that's another story... :cheers:

Are you kidding me, these clubs have a level of sophistication unmatched, where else can you drink beer and shout while enjoying the ballet?

:thumbup:

Edited by jpflip