Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Fitting turbo rear spoiler to a S, anyone done it?

Somewhat tempted to try to fit the rear spoiler/lid from a turbo to my S. Looked in PET and the basic lid seems the same except for the air intake from lid into the air box and the fan seems to be in a different place. Will the inner part of the lid transfer from one to the other or is that being really hopeful? :huh:

I am assuming the electrics will be the same?

I know that everything is possible but sometimes it is just not worth the effort!

Thanks in advance for any help, even if it is " no you can't do it! Just go buy a turbo"

Found what I needed at 6speed online, apparently an expensive nightmare :eek:

Re-think called for I think!

Anyone recommend a spoiler that looks the part and not like a boyracer add on, which I'm afraid GT3 etc looks like to me.

Edited by jl-c

I think the AeroKit spoiler looks great. But you should not do it without doing the nose also. Porsche says the additional down force has to be balanced or the car will not handle correctly. Both ends are easy bolt on. The big issue is getting them painted. You can get the kit at suncoastparts.com for $5000. The only warning I have is that the noses ground clearance sucks. It does not mater how careful you are. You will scrape it. The black chin spoiler is easily replaceable. It costs about $200. I keep a spare handy. When it gets crappy looking enough I just pop a new one on.

I think the AeroKit spoiler looks great. But you should not do it without doing the nose also. Porsche says the additional down force has to be balanced or the car will not handle correctly. Both ends are easy bolt on. The big issue is getting them painted. You can get the kit at suncoastparts.com for $5000. The only warning I have is that the noses ground clearance sucks. It does not mater how careful you are. You will scrape it. The black chin spoiler is easily replaceable. It costs about $200. I keep a spare handy. When it gets crappy looking enough I just pop a new one on.

Don't know about where you are but here in the UK we have **** things called speed humps or sleeping policemen, it seems every 100 yards! They forced me to raise my Miata back up to stock as it was impossible to drive anywhere. The current climate here is if you are a motorist you are a criminal and the roads are for stupid people to wander about on, plugged into ipods and ignoring anything that should be on a road!! So, yes I appreciate both ends have to be done, it was vital on my 930 so assume 997 the same. Just don't think lowering the front is a practical solution, unless of course you have a source of really cheap front chins!

We have them here also but you guys must make them taller. Penis envy I guess. The best I can find is about $200. Not sure what that is in euros. Probably about 2 or 3 and if our president keeps spending money like a drunken sailer we won't be able to give dollars away.

No big deal. As you scrape the black chin spoiler the edge gets rough and hairy. It cleans up nicely with a sharp block plane. I can keep a chin spoiler going nicely for about a year or so. It is very hard to damage the bumper proper.

We have the same stupid people here also. Here they like to text while they are driving. We have a bill in congress which puts them in charge of medical insurance web sites. Pretty soon we will all be swimming back to England.

Edited by Mijostyn

Sounds as if the USA and UK are not so different after all! We got rid of our 'drunken sailor' doing the spending, but not before the damage was done, amazing how politicians CAN fool most of the people most of the time!

If you can swim it, great! Let's have some immigrants we want! But bring the Porsche's too .