Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Power Seat Electrical Connector

This is a connector for the motors in an 8-way power seat in a 986 or 996. 

I found this diagram showing the part, but it does not have a separate part number.  It appears to be considered part of the seat motors (part number 7.)

020081719.jpg

IMG_50961438307131.jpg

IMG_50971438307165.jpg

The plug goes into this control module that fits under the seat:

IMG_50851438307230.jpg

Please contact me with price and availability.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin, have you looked on the connector itself for any kind of number?  These connectors are often VW or Mercedes parts that can be ordered separately.  I could not find any images with a number or a separate part number, you can order the entire assemble for about $60.

Edited by rick3000

I did some sleuthing.  It looks like this motor (Porsche PN: 99662433200)is similar to one used on a few Mercedes (PN 2108201242), they have the same manufacture name, Temic.  After looking at some eBay pictures, the connector looks identical to Mercedes part A0175452126 or A0175452128, which when you search is called a pin bushing (no pictures).  I did find another picture that looks identical, but the connector number is difficult to read, I think it is 728 025 300, and it doesn't turn up as a part.

This is guess work, but for about $6 you can pickup PN: 017 545 21 26, and see if it works?  Let us know how it goes.

Edited by rick3000

Thanks - You are obviously a more skilled researcher than I am.   I have used some VW, Mercedes and Audi parts on my seat-heater, variable intermittent wiper, and Carrera gauge cluster projects.  The part numbers were identified in the DIY instructions and I didn't have to find them myself.  I found the Mercedes parts department staff at the local dealer to be very friendly and helpful.

A member on the 986 Forum sold me some parts he had removed from a car he had prepared for racing.  They look similar, but not identical.  So, if they don't work I will be trying your suggestion next.  Right now, I only have the base with parts for converting the driver's seat.  But, I may have a source for inexpensive parts for the passenger seat.